Load DataRepackboxRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: How are you passing your time during social distancing

Boolit Grand Master

I've been social distancing along with the rest of the native New Englanders my whole life so business as usual for me.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bad *** Wallace View Post
    I live on a farm so plenty of shooting, casting, reloading every day.

Oh! did I mention some time doing woodworking.

Wow, nice work

I have been social distancing most of my life, the best thing I like about most people is their dogs, been working on some casting, powder coating and reloading.
    Aim Small Miss Small

Fortunately, I can work from home, but have been reloading, putting an AR15 pistol together, got my smoker going and playing with the dogs in the backyard. I'm not missing going into the office yet
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor Metallic Cartridge Reloading
    NRA Certified Instructor Shotshell Reloading
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com

Boolit Buddy

I am sitting at home, like I am supposed to do, as I have a compromised immune system. I will visit the church storehouse on Saturday, other than that I am pretty well set for a couple months, except for milk. There are lettuces ready to harvest in the garden, so I am good there.

I got all my plastic models packed, almost the stuff in ther garage also packed. Packed half my books, but used 15 small milk crates, and 5 large ones. I need more, and more boxes.

I have prepped my wood chisels, and am working on restoring some wood planes. I am sharpening two blades for block chisels for my son. If I am going to do a lot of this, I am going to want a water cooled flat grinder. My hands cramp up if I do too much work on one. And those darned plane irons all seem to be warped and damaged. So they take forever to get enough of the backs flat enough to work well.

Oh, the Great Neck Professional wood chisels seem to be quite good. They sharpen a LOT slower than the stanley and craftsman and such.

I got a Hudson Forge plane, size of the S4.25, finished. A little narrower than I wanted, but it works quite well, once I got it set up.

I will not be doing any fine woodworking before I move, but when I get wherever, I will be ready to get going soon.
    OeldeWolf
    who may yet be kicked out of the Republik of Kalifornia for owning too many firearms.

I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain, to eat only vegetables!

Boolit Buddy

Finally a couple of nice days, out side work. Will finish replacing the fuel lift pump on my tractor this morning. Tractor has been sitting all winter waiting for a warm day when it is not raining to replace the pump. Have done some turning and milling projects on my lathe and Bridgeport mill. Made a aluminum lid for my Lee 4-20 bottom pour pot a couple of days ago.

Rebuilt the top end of an underperforming car and swapped all the good stuff onto the car from my pars car once the motor work was done.
    Brought the dually into the garage for a flip hitch install, gauges install, shocks replacement, intake and turbo inspection
    Tear down and rebuilt the deck
    Trimmed out the garage windows in hardie (some reason the elements are particularly rough on trim up here)
    Trimmed the basement (washboards and doors) and painted the walls, hung doors, put in beetle kill T&G ceiling with recessed lights
    Redid fascia on the house (PO had ridiculous slope on gutters and rotted fascia)
    Dry wall mechanical room
    Got the tractors going and moved some big rocks and RR ties, laid out a split face block retaining wall
    Motorcycles maintenance
    ...Going to run out of things to do soon

Boolit Grand Master

Just planted more potatoes as the first are up. Lettuce, beets, onions etc are up too

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by .45Cole View Post
    Rebuilt the top end of an underperforming car and swapped all the good stuff onto the car from my pars car once the motor work was done.
    Brought the dually into the garage for a flip hitch install, gauges install, shocks replacement, intake and turbo inspection
    Tear down and rebuilt the deck
    Trimmed out the garage windows in hardie (some reason the elements are particularly rough on trim up here)
    Trimmed the basement (washboards and doors) and painted the walls, hung doors, put in beetle kill T&G ceiling with recessed lights
    Redid fascia on the house (PO had ridiculous slope on gutters and rotted fascia)
    Dry wall mechanical room
    Got the tractors going and moved some big rocks and RR ties, laid out a split face block retaining wall
    Motorcycles maintenance
    ...Going to run out of things to do soon
    Sounds like me on the several weeks I was out of work.

Reloaded 200 rounds of 7.65 Argy.
    200 rounds of 7.62x51.
    400 rounds of 55 grain .223.
    Repaired the fence the dog yard
    Started to re-shingle roofs on shop and garage
    Replaced driven#50 chain sprocket on my Trail King scooter
    Made a yard waste burn barrel from 55 gallon steel drum
    Moved two tons of lead to the far corner of the yard
    Re-stacked/moved several hundred board feet of pressure treated lumber
    Separated water from 440 gallons of waste oil for shop heat.
    Built an automatic case feeder for my automatic case annealer.
    Still lots to do for the next few weeks......

Anticipating all those newborn Babies nine Months from now.

Good Shooting

Lindy

Go to work in my isolation High Country, walk into my isolation office, get back in my Isolation High Country and drive home for lunch at my isolation house and repeat for afternoon isolation session. Been doing it for 40 years without the state telling me what to do, not going to start letting them order me around now.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerat View Post
    Go to work in my isolation High Country, walk into my isolation office, get back in my Isolation High Country and drive home for lunch at my isolation house and repeat for afternoon isolation session. Been doing it for 40 years without the state telling me what to do, not going to start letting them order me around now.
    What is your job, Minerat?
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by varmintpopper View Post
    Anticipating all those newborn Babies nine Months from now.

Good Shooting

Lindy
    So the other half of that equation will be disposable diaper hoarding, also comensing nine months hence forth?

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Master
    What am I doing?

Farming and ranching!

The hoarders have to have something to fight over!

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Master
    Still working but have managed to rebuild the Farmall engine, tune up the post pounder, buy 3k feet of goat fence and getting ready to build fence. Total replacement of old fence. Not my favorite thing to do.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by 1989toddm View Post
    What is your job, Minerat?
    I have a mining consulting business that does all of the permitting, studies, mapping and reports for construction materials mines. In short sand and gravel, clay, and quarry aggregates. Pretty much live like a hermit at the office using the phone and computers (4) to do what I need to do, so this order hasn't changed much for me. I can be defiant because of that! Lol (paper tiger) The few times I need to go into a mine there are not large groups of people around.

My problem with not going in is that we have strict deadlines that are set by statute and I have 2 big gravel mines that are on the clock and wait for no virus.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master

I have been knocking chores out. Worked on a temporary patch on my roof, got out some molds and did some casting, sized a bunch of bullets.

Took a bike ride around my neighborhood with my boys today and have been Netflixing with the wife as well.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Grand Master
    jonp---so thats where I get my attitude--lived in New Hampshire till I was about 8 years old and dad was transferred(USAF)

Boolit Grand Master

I'm still trying to do something everyday. Both chore wise and in the loading room. About every other night the Wife and have started watching a movie. Last night we watched the newer version or Midway. A few nights ago I watched Shooter. We have rewatched Topgun, Tombstone, Tremmers and a couple of more.

In a couple more weeks I'll start working on a Dove field. Actually 2 fields, about 24 acres total.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast