Titan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad DataInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extra lube sizers????

Yes, and , I do. For instance .431 , One for black powder lube (DGL), one for NRA 50/50 and one for Carnauba Red. This keeps me from having to clean the lube out of the die when switching lube type. Of course I should probably mention that I have three Lyman/Ideal model 45 lube & size presses. You guessed it, one for black powder lube, one for 50/50 and one for Carnauba Red. I found out early on that I hate changing lube types in the press. Besides, this is my hobby and I say I need that many! One advantage is that I can have a box of as cast bullets and literally move from one press/lube to another in the same session without changing the lube in the reservoir.

I collect Lyman 45's .309 through .314, .269, .358, plus more. Do I need them all, why no, I don't. Do enjoy them? sure do.

Boolit Master
    I cast multiple bullet profiles for the same caliber. I currently have two lube Sizer’s but only one size or die for each caliber I cast I am currently looking for an additional .356, .363 or .364,.225,and .309. That way I can set up both sizers to size the same caliber with the difference top punches to match each Boolet profile. For instance Lyman 356402 uses top punch 315 and RCBS 09-115 uses top punch 115. If I have two .365 sizer dies I can set up my sizers to size both Boolets at the same time. Oh and if you decide you want to part with your extras in the size that I use, send me a pm. Maybe we can help each other out!
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    I discovered that just because a die has .357 on it ...that doesn't guarantee the boolits that goes thru it will be .357.
    After I started measuring sized boolits , never owned a tool to measure them with until about 15 years ago, every die I owned lied to me ... .357 might be .3575 or .3569 . I had to sit down and write on each die container what size it really was . .311 was .3115 and 312 was .3117 .
    My advice is to measure them all even if marked the same size I would bet money they actually size different sizes . Whatever the diameter is marked on the die...don't believe it , measure sized boolits and write on the container what the true size is .
    Small prescription pill bottles are just the right size for Lyman H&I die container . Put a new label on it and the true size ... a great use for all those pesky bottles .
    Gary
    Good point.
    I will size some boolets and find out what the sizer really is.

Banned

I use a 457, .458 and a .459 sizing die for my 45/70 rifles and revolvers.......depending on the gun!

Boolit Master
    I think most of us on this web site like to "collect" reloading equipment, including lube-sizers and all the other stuff. My only restraint is the size of my reloading space. So, I tend to "collect" only what I can fit in comfortably or display properly. As I reach my space limit I am tending to give away, sell or dispose of stuff I don't use or display. I don't have an affinity for sizing dies of the same size, so I get rid of the extra's. Sometimes I upgrade to better reloading dies for instance, so I dispose of the less functional ones. Space is your friend.

Boolit Master
    As I pointed out previously on this thread, I have ten lube sizers, none of which are bolted to the loading bench.When I want to change calibers, I simply "C" clamp the lube sizer to the bench, takes a few seconds. I have a lube sizer dedicated to the caliber to a pistol/rifle which I most often shoot.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Grand Master

I do have multiple dies of the same size. Some are Star's that have different lube hole locations. Other are exactly the same. These are on different lubers. Example is .458" I rarely change the type of lube in my sizers so one lives in by dedicated blackpowder lube sizer. The other lives in one of my smokeless lube sizers. I have around a dozen different sizers. Did I mention I don't like changing out lubes. I run 4 Stars, 1 Ballistic Caster. RCBS, Lyman and Saeco. Never counted but I know I have over a 100 different sizing dies.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Yep, another one here with multiple sizers ... 4 lyman 45's , one seaco, and a star .
    Each one set up for different calibers and separate lubes to be used.
    Plus I can not turn down a deal when I see one , my weak spot.
    It is much easier to fool people ,
    than to convince them they have been fooled !

If you can read this , thank a teacher ...
    If you can read this in English , .. thank a Vet !

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Plus I can not turn down a deal when I see one , my weak spot.
    You and I have a shared illness...........
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by smithnframe View Post
    I use a 457, .458 and a .459 sizing die for my 45/70 rifles and revolvers.......depending on the gun!
    But ...have you measured sized boolits ?
    Do they actually size them to .457" , .458" and .459" ...mine didn't !
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    I will take some extra .309. 310, 314 ? 8mm and 45 acp sizes also !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12