RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackbox
WidenersLee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bullet Recommendations for 40 S&W

Boolit Buddy
    401-175-TC get the 6 cavity mold.

Boolit Buddy
    I chose the RCBS 10mm-170 over the Lee but both look to be near identical minus weight. I ran range scrap up to around 950fps for a nice plinking load in a Glock 22 without problems. 40SW is one of those cartridges that gave me the least amount of trouble running cast. Auto Comp worked really well.

It's good to see you Glock shooters having so much success with cast boolits. For years I have heard that cast in a Glock was a headache in the making. I was a bit skeptical of all the rumors, as a boolit caster should be, until it was proven to be true. Congrats my casting bros for debunking another myth! (AKA Micro- Groove leading)
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Alstep View Post
    By the way, how hard do you guys cast them? What's your alloy mix & BHN?
    Not too hard. 20 lb COWW + 1/2 lb monotype, just to add some tin. 50/50 COWW/SOWW + a little tin would still be plenty hard.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Another Lee 401-175 user. I just made 600 of these during my first use of the 6 cav mould. I did have some problems with out of round boolits .

I had 25% good, 50% .401 x .403-.405, 25% .401 x 406-.410 obviously the lat 25% are getting remelted. Strait Wheel Weights. These were a PITB to size and I found the big ones by having to beat them back out of the die. That operation didn't go as planned at all.

I have to PC these and resize which should go easier the second time thru. I like the pretty light blue PC for these.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12