Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionWidenersSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Load Data Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 223/556 case processing

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by fast ronnie View Post
    I also decap and pin tumble clean before anything else. Someone mentioned the primer crimp, and for that I just bought the new Lee APP press to decap and to pocket swage. I don't even sort the brass for crimps, but just run them through the pocket swager. The APP is fast enough that it is not worth my time to check for crimps. I just run 'em through.
    Everyone has a different method but when it comes to "cleaning/polishing" that is the last item on the agenda. I want the cases ready to load when they dry from washing! Sure, you don't wanna scratch your die-I understand that. None of my cases have grit as I generously spray em all down with a 10/90 solution of lanolin and Isopropyl alcohol. This also serves as my sizing lube when dry. I tumble wash once for 4 hours using Dawn, Lemo-shine and water. But like I said, there's a few ways to do, this is easiest for me.
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Boolit Master

Still working on the trimming and thank you guys for all ideas! As far as chamfering and deburring, this is how I roll! I'm sure I'll get bashed but guess what, I've shot over 5k rounds doing it like this and never had a split neck! Just takes a little finesse. I did 300 cases in about 20 minutes. Does not leave a sharp edge, does exactly what the Lee deburr/chamfer tool does.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4308.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	258986

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4309.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	133.4 KB 
ID:	258987

I use the lee sizers with the cutting tool attached to a small hand held screwdriver. Works pretty fast.
    I found that you can generally hear a PING when you have a crimped primer pocket - so that's my indication to seperate that case for reaming.
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 44Blam View Post
    I use the lee sizers with the cutting tool attached to a small hand held screwdriver. Works pretty fast.
    I found that you can generally hear a PING when you have a crimped primer pocket - so that's my indication to seperate that case for reaming.
    That's a good way to do it. Yes, I separate military brass from the other simply cuz I don't see the need to waste 5 seconds on a case that's gonna accept a new primer. I use the RCBS swager to take out crimp on a Lee turret press. Had to ream out a Lee locking nut to place over ram below the RCBS piece that disengages the case from the small primer swager.

Quote Originally Posted by trails4u View Post
    Complete joke to anybody that has even remote griping issues. Try to trim 1000 cases... no way!

Banned

I just ordered a WCT Worlds Cheapest Trimmer. We will see how my hands hold up. Going to use my drill press so it will bottom out the case to the table of the press to help hold it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapaki View Post
    Complete joke to anybody that has even remote griping issues. Try to trim 1000 cases... no way!
    If you have griping issues just sorting a thousand pieces of brass could be a problem along with resizing , working the primer pocket , trimming , cleaning up the trimmed necks , Squeezing the trigger a 1000 times .

Boolit Master
    I agree with Pipefitter. He has slightly more attention to detail than I do so I'll have to step up my game!
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12