Reloading EverythingLoad DataInline FabricationTitan Reloading
WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox

Thread: Installing Skinner peep sight on older Rossi 92 - Questions

Installing Skinner peep sight on older Rossi 92 - Questions

I will be installing a Skinner peep sight on my old Rossi 92. This is an older Amadeo Rossi Made in Brazil, imported by Interarms. Presumably this one has the larger that 3/8" standard dove tail. I have a question:

Which direction should I drive out the old sight if I am looking at the rifle from the the rear in back of the butt stock?

Anything else I need to know or consider?

Thanks!
    Romans 10:9"...If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, you shall be saved.."

My trading feedback thread: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...t=#post3092680

Boolit Grand Master

Greetings Brother
    You should be able to measure the dovetail or the front sight with a good caliper to determine the wider side but....
    Most that I have seen would get driven to the right (as you are looking down barrel from the rear to the front sight) to remove.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Quote Originally Posted by missionary5155 View Post
    Greetings Brother
    You should be able to measure the dovetail or the front sight with a good caliper to determine the wider side but....
    Most that I have seen would get driven to the right (as you are looking down barrel from the rear to the front sight) to remove.
    Perfect! Thanks Brother Mike!
    Romans 10:9"...If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, you shall be saved.."

My trading feedback thread: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...t=#post3092680