RepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2WidenersLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything

Thread: CVA single shot rifles.

Boolit Master

CVA single shot rifles.

Any one have a CVA Scout in 35 Remington?

I guess there is a couple “variants” on this rifle. To me the spur on the Tguard is more appealing than the push button thingie.

Wanting to get another single shot after being a long time Handi guy. 30/30 made sense as it’s about as perfect cast bullet caliber as anyone could desighn. But I’m a 35 cal guy to the core and saw this was offeeed in 35 Remington. I have a Whelen bolt not looking for that with this. I see that they use Lothar Barrels and Stainless is a nice touch. Don’t much care for the blk plastic the camp
    Looks much better but that’s rifles today.

Probably hunt a bit mostly range with Cast Bullets as I own and have access to many good molds in 35.

Love to hear thoughts and opinions on the CVA single shot guns.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    CW -

Howdy !

I handled a CVA in stainless, and was very impressed w/ how it locked up like a bank vault.
    It also felt substantial in the hand, all these were things I did not attribute to my H&R SB2 .357Max.

Was so impressed, I bought a blues .35 Rem Hunter , after not being able to locate one in stainless.
    This was my first factory gun purchase in several years.

I have been doing some Scueutzen-style .35 Rem lead bullet accuracy testing / my Marlin M-336 XLR, but breech seating (even w/ my home-made tool ) presents certain challenges. My XLR came from the last years production @ the CT plant, and I am ready to put it into semi-retirement.

The intent is to migrate my .35Rem testing over to the shorter barrelled CVA. I am also shooting
    C.E. turned brass .358” 150gr Long Range Raptors, which have proved very accurate.

The CVA .35 Rem cartridges are a tad longer than those used in the XLR, so the CVA has a bit more leade’.

My .35 Rem CVA Hunter is blued was/ black plastic stock components.

Unfortunately, I have not yet shot my CVA; as I am working on a custom exo-skeleton stock for it.

With regards,
    357Mag

357Mag, they need to make these in .357 Mag.
    Mrs. Hogwallop up and R-U-N-N-O-F-T.

I got one for my daughter to use for deer hunting and just plinking. I was kinda sceptical at first but that thing is a tack driver. In fact now I have a scout in 45-70 and will be looking for a 44 mag next. Her 35 rem loves the rcbs 200gr and so far any jacketed I have loaded for it.

Boolit Master

Awesome!!

I’ll be ordering one soon. Might be a spell before any Gun’s are sold. My state is shut down as of tomorrow night. Background checks are not considered essential. ;(

CW

Boolit Buddy
    behind the lines of enemy territory,60 miles from NYC
    They Do make it in 357!

Boolit Master

Yup!

Also look at the Triditions, it’s basically a very soon of the same. Should I not find a Scout I’ll likly grab a Traditions.

Also. GUN STORES ARE DEEMED ESSENTIAL HERE! So no more worries about availability!

CW

I had problems with my CVA Hunter in 45-70, but found it to be the lock-up was a bit odd, making it wildly inaccurate. But all is well now, due to a bit of polishing.

Here is what it shot like when it was behaving.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CVAgroup.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	259063

I have the CVA Scout in 35 Whelen it is a pleasure to shoot and a very good performer, I wanted a cast boolit shooter to me the 35 Rem. was just not up to the hard hit that I was after

I am having thoughts of adding a 444 Marlin, it seems to handle better than my Handi rifle
    Last edited by dh2; 03-25-2020 at 12:39 PM.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    They seem to be slowly catching on, have had a few people ask about them at my part time job.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

I have a CVA hunter in 44 mag , it does well with heavy boolits crisp trigger , great rifle for the money

Have one in .223, Won't call it a tack driver but it is plenty accurate for what I got it for.If you're used to the Handi Rifles you find the trigger on the CVA to be a dream