Inline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackboxLoad Data
Wideners Reloading Everything

Thread: Looking for an All Around 9mm Cast Boolit, Whats best?

Boolit Mold

Looking for an All Around 9mm Cast Boolit, Whats best?

Looking for an All Around 9mm Cast Boolit, Whats best?

I have a set of RCBS 9mm Carbide Dies on order but have never loaded 9mm Luger before.

1) It will be used in a few different make model semi auto pistols with different barrel lengths.
    2) I' m sure the various different guns all have slightly different diameter barrels. some are single stack, some are double stack.
    3) Most Important: It Must feed flawlessly and be reliable with good knockdown, penetration power, max energy.

any powder, primer recommendations?

Do any of you guys make something like this?

Looking to Buy Cast Boolits, I cant cast/pour them doe to health reasons.

What are your asking prices.
    Last edited by Wolfe; 03-19-2020 at 02:00 PM.

Boolit Master

Are you looking to buy Bullets ?

or recommendations for a mold ?
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Mold
    Looking to Buy Cast Boolits, I cant cast/pour them due to health reasons.

Vendor Sponsor

My personal favorite is the HG275, it's a semi wad cutter and is fantastic for PPC, IDPA, and general paper hunting.

See pic below, right side is the SWC, left side is a RNFP in 130g, also a great shooter.

I cast and hitek coat mine, I could sell you 500 of 1k if interested

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

I have no idea what "knock down" power is but any 124-147gr 9mm cast solid is going to penetrate just fine. If you want it to crush more tissue ten you want a flat nose ot TC, but this might be a feeding issue in some guns. Go to Accurate Molds & look over Toms designs, lots of good stuff there & top quality. I would go with a 130-135gr something flat nose.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Boolit Master

Casting Machine is a Vendor/Sponsor here. He makes an Excellent 122gr FP 9mm. An simply perfect cast bullet. Don't know what you mean by "knockdown" power ?
    If you want knockdown use a 12ga 3" buckshot.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master
    Something with a flat nose, preferably a round flat (RF) or TC (truncated cone) design for feeding and good terminal effects. In the 120-135 gr. range. There are so many good designs out there, as for feeding–with a high quality firearm most good boolit designs will feed perfectly. Round Nose is usually the most foolproof for 9mm.
    any standard primer, powders like Red Dot, Bullseye, Unique, 231/hp38, Accurate #5 or #7, Blue Dot, all work well depending on load.

Boolit Master

Knock down is a myth.

Equal and opposite reactions and all that.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Grand Master

I just visited Casting Machines site in vendor-sponsor forum. If I were to buy some 9mm bullets I would first slug the barrels of the guns that will use the cast bullets. If the bbl slugged .355" to .356" then I'd get Casting Machine's 122 gr. flat point, (but .356" may be a bit small in diameter.In my 3, 9mms .357" cast works best), and give them a try. I'll usually give the vendor sponsors a try first. As mentioned the above posts I don't believe a cast 9mm bullet is a lot better than a FMJ RN for "stopping power" but they can give food functioning, accurate ammo. I cast my own and use Lee's 356-125-2R. I use it i my 3, 9mms, 38 Special and 357 Magnum, both plain and PCed, sized .357" and .358" depending on the gun used. Works quite well in all...
    Last edited by mdi; 03-20-2020 at 12:31 PM.
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master
    Typical 9mm's seem to be designed for 115-125 grain boolits. Bore diameters vary all over the place!

Based on GONRA's pistol accumulation (mostly foreign) experience thru the decades,
    consider getting a boolit mould that casts .358 inch diameter, 115-125 grain bullets.

Olde truncated cone ogive seems to run thru most anything, but why not get a nice round nose mould too?.
    Just make sure ALL lube grooves are INSIDE the loaded round!

Seek .358 inch diameter "typical as cast diameter" if possible.
    As the years go on, make .356, .357 and .358 diameter sized boolits to suit various bore diameters.

Banned

0.357" will work in most 9mm guns. I have one that has to have 0.358"+ to not get any leading.

There’s a re run on group buy for the MP135 FP mold that I have, it’s brilliant and the only one I use anymore. Comes in 8 cav to really rain
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DF21EA94-F12F-48B4-A481-EC1BB4929F09.jpg  

Lee 120 tc or Lee 125 rnfp. The tc will feed in anything but I think the 125 rnfp is a hair more accurate. Also the 125 work well in .38 and .357 guns. size to .358 for all.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcocker View Post
    Lee 120 tc or Lee 125 rnfp. The tc will feed in anything but I think the 125 rnfp is a hair more accurate. Also the 125 work well in .38 and .357 guns. size to .358 for all.
    Totally agree! The NOE 359-121-RN is also a a great choice and a high quality mold.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcocker View Post
    +1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I buy mainly from Summers enterprises or SNS casting both have good prices and have always been good to work with. I shoot the Hi-Tek coated.