Reloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad DataTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Swage die questions

Swage die questions

I just bought a blockman Swage press and it came with a set of dies to Swage .314 hbwc bullets. I also need to Swage some .314 bullets but want to Swage swc bullets. I assume I can use the existing dies but just need different punches for the dies?

I’ve sent a few msgs to BTSniper but have not heard back yet. Any other options for me to get what I need?

Really want to get this started. Worst case is I’d like to bump some cast .314 swc I have now to make them a bit more consistent

Thank you.

Boolit Buddy

Lablover,

I believe you are correct (not familiar with Blackman Dies specifically but general swage dies) you would just need a new base punch (probably flat) and then a top punch the would have the shape your want for the nose cut into it.

Boolit Buddy
    Sent a couple messages to BTSniper too this week. No word yet but only been a couple days. When did u send yours? I give folks 1 wk. then I assume they are dead or don’t want to answer.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by djryan13 View Post
    Sent a couple messages to BTSniper too this week. No word yet but only been a couple days. When did u send yours? I give folks 1 wk. then I assume they are dead or don’t want to answer.
    I'm sure BT will answer, he is a one man shop, so sometime it takes him a bit. I have bought from him before and he is always happy to help with questions.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by guywitha3006 View Post
    I'm sure BT will answer, he is a one man shop, so sometime it takes him a bit. I have bought from him before and he is always happy to help with questions.

He did respond today. He is busy as you said. He will get back to me next week. No rush.

Moderator Emeritus
    The punches control the bullet base and profile so you should be all set with additional punches.

Bt responded today. Poor guy is super busy! He will be able to set me up. Thanks for the help everyone!

I did notice the dies don’t have bleed holes. The guy before me used them to only bump cast bullets so I assume that’s why no bleed holes. I’ll check to see if they can be added by BT. Worst case I get a whole new set. I can see me wanting to do JHP as well down the road

Joe

Boolit Master

Dr Blackmon can be reach d at Bullet Swaging Supply in Monroe Louisiana.
    He has retired from his practice and should have plenty of time to make parts. Really nice guy.