MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackbox
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pumps are fun!

Nice! And You're Welcome. My first Win06 was from a elderly widow neighbor. It had THREE rings in the barrel and the only time I hit anything with it I closed my eyes first. Later I had one with a Numrich barrel( canted a bit)- that shot great. They are both gone now like many others.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I had long longed for a Rem 12-121 pump 22, but could never fine one for less than $600 and up. It took me 5 years, but one day I was in a little shop in Lexington, and he had a sweet 121, with all original blue and wood, with metal checkered butt plate. He also had a new in the box TC .32 Cherokee. He had $325 on each one. I offered him$600 for both out the door and he bit. I stopped on the way home, and traded the TC to a unfired Browning ML, .45, which I sold a week later for $700. I still have the .22, this has been about a year ago. The .22 was dead on, and I killed a few squirrels and stray cats, and one groundhog.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a Remington 572, one of the older guns with the longer barrel. Wears a 4 power scope and shoots like a dream. Keep it sighted in with CCI short CB's. When I used to shoot long rifle cartridges it made 5 shot 'bug holes' at 35 yards. No mercy for the squirrels.

I sold my 12C octagon barrel about 2 years ago. Eyes couldn't see the fine sights any more. When I first got it about 25 yrs ago I was amazed at the accuracy. Went for yrs and didn't seem like I ever missed with it. It was time for someone else to enjoy it as much as I had.
    Last edited by curiousgeorge; 08-23-2020 at 09:43 PM. Reason: spelling

Boolit Buddy
    I took dad's 572 down to the range yesterday. The date code on the barrel comes up 2/60. He bought it new in the Spring of 1960.
    He put the cheap Optex scope on it sometime in the late '80s as he could no longer see the sights good enough to use. The scope is a ***, it will not hold zero.
    Anyway, I managed to still have an enjoyable afternoon with it.

I had a 572 that was some kind of special edition. I think it was a model used by a female trick shooter that Rem had working for them. I put a Weaver K4 on it and had it zeroed with shorts for squirrels and frogs. I have parts from Sav with clip magazine left from making 1 out of two. Also have a few Stevens VL parts too.

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    I hope to heaven you folks are happy. I had no intention of buying another .22 for a while until I started following this cotton pickin thread. It started with just a quick peek, then regularly checking it, then, naturally, looking for one of the pumps I lusted for as a child in the 50s. So, once again, my meager "gun fund" is utterly depleted because you folks MADE ME BUY A REMINGTON MODEL 121.

Should be picking it up Friday or Saturday.

I have to learn to stay off the rimfire forum. All it does is cost me money.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

roysha, They make new money everyday, they quit making Rem 121’s long ago.
    You made a good choice !

Jedman

Boolit Master
    An exec elect choice, like Jedman said, they don’t make them anymore! They would cost a couple thousand if they did, so you got a steal on a fine rifle! Pictures are nice, hint hint.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master

HA! I too love the model 61 and have a model 12 remington.
    The model 61 is perfection when shouldered. I can hit dang near anything with it.

Good luck with rem model 12 barrels seems most all are horribly pitted.

I have a win 1890 in 22 short but have not shot it yet.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123