Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataLee Precision
Wideners Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 357 mag rifle accuracy

Boolit Buddy
    Lever action silhouette shooters often wind up with loads in the 1100 to 1300 fps range. Lots of shooters are using Titegroup, unique, and other similar powders. This year I am shooting shooters world ultimate under a 140 cast bullet in my .357. other decent loads for my Henry are win WST or VV n340 powders. One flyer per five shot group is not unusual, even with a scope. Drives me nuts

Larry G at least here in Big Red country our rocks and clods are not venomous like in AZ. That's a big deal to me. I've never had a cigar box full of rock rattles.
    Never trade luck for skill.

Gumbo, maybe you have just been lucky. I have had a few close calls during the rock rut.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master
    11.5gr 2400 under 190gr boolit ==1350fps in my win trapper groups under an inch at 50yards regularly and will do a around 2 inches at 100 yards off a bag with me holding the fore end .I like to shoot 10 shot groups as im lazy and it saves a lot of walking.

Boolit Master

The devil like many things is in the details. Rossi's have 30" twists and favor lighter bullets. Winchesters and Marlins have 16" twists and can handle heavier bullets better. Also there is a big difference between 50yd and 100 yd groups using cast bullets, they more than double going to 100. My best loads with both my Rossi's will average 3 moa@100 yds for 10 shots. That's with just visually culled bullets while casting, sizing and lubing, no weight sorting. Best bullets for me are the Lee 125RF, Lee 120TC(9mm) or RCBS 124CN (9mm). All will do 3moa with loadings of 4.2-4.5 Bullseye and run in the 1200 fps range. Accuracy holds out to 200 yds which is the longest range I have available to me. The Lee 158TLSWC is also accurate with those powder charges but closer to 4 moa and deteriorates more at 200.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Master

Bullet is 150 gr in HP form.

9 bhn for pb powder coated (or not) at 1300 fps. ~2-3 MOA out to 200 yards or better.

20 bhn for heat-treated powder coated (no gas check) at 2100 fps. ~2-3 MOA out to 200 yards or better.

Boolit Master
    drop at 200 yards is a couple of feet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12