Load DataSnyders JerkyWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: scope recomendation

Boolit Master
    Burris makes good scopes and the cheapest route is a used Weaver K, fixed power. You can get one for 50 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    I've tried several different scopes on my M70 three six bits and have settled on the Leupold Vari X III 1.5x5 with standard duplex reticle. It also has long enough eye relief. Set at 1.5 it is very quick, as quick as with the iron sights because I can use it with both eyes open. Set at higher power it is adequate for any game, even the smaller plains game at any reasonable ranges the 375 H&H should be used at. The Leupold is relatively light weight so it has less inertia during recoil. The Leupold is mounted in older Weaver style tip off rings. They are light weight, hell for stout and the scope will not move during recoil. The tip offs also make it easy to remove the scope to use the iron sights if one has to go into really thick stuff to "sort things out" …..
    And....if you have to "sort things out" you will be glad that you had a fiber optic front sight put on that rifle. When you get a bit long of tooth, like some of us here, they make quite a difference.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12