Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyInline FabricationLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2
Repackbox Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: veral smith

Boolit Master

veral smith

has anyone received a shipment from this guy lately? he is not responding to emails or calls but is cashing payments with zero problems.

Boolit Bub
    I just got my 10mm mould last week. It took 2 months and no contact at all until the day he shipped. It was a little nerve wracking but it’s the nicest mould I have. It’s my first custom mould, but it’s perfect. Not saying my saeco, rcbs and Lyman moulds are junk but this LBT mould is VERY nice to cast with.

Moderator Emeritus

there have been several recent threads about this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

He did have an email change to

LBTisAccuracy@gmail.com

That worked for some correspondence and a mold purchase last summer.

Good luck. He should step up his game with respect to CS. He's usually been great on email and on the phone. But then can go dark for a bit.

He invested a bunch of time with me on the phone when I got started casting, and for that I'm very grateful.
    "There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something."
    ~Thorin Oakenshield

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    there have been several recent threads about this.
    and that statement helps how? SMH

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by barnabus View Post
    Barnabus,
    I have purchased 4 molds from Veral over the decades, before and after his prison stint, along with lube, hardness tester, and book. Nothing came fast. The last lube order took at least 2 months or more. I actually forgot I ordered it. He’s an older man in a one man shop. Not making excuses for him but if you ordered a mold it will come and you will enjoy it. I understand your frustration with the wait time.

JonB_in_Glencoe is a nice guy who tries to be helpful.

Moderator Emeritus

well
    If you didn't know this has been discussed a half dozen times in the last few months, now you do...many have reported slow responses and reasons why. Searching for those posts will give you something to do while you are waiting for a response
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

Veral is a Sponsor on Graybeard Outdoors who had been absent for a long time there, but has returned only recently with his thorough understanding of molds and all things molten and lead. I sent him an email about his new web site on a Tuesday. A week and two days later, on a Thursday, I received a response. That was three weeks ago. Veral is very much alive and well. http://lbtmolds.com/
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master
    I received a order of lube from him finally today.its not the lube I ordered. he cashed my check and didn't send what I ordered but sent something else that he had. what a bunch of BS. yall can prop this moron up all u want but this is piss poor and just wrong.

There's plenty of other sources of lube.

Boolit Master
    Have you contacted him about getting the wrong lube?

Boolit Mold
    Just to add to THIS thread (there are others in the same vein) : -

All I can say is "I'm happy for you, Heyboy"!
    In April of 2018 I made initial contact with Veral asking if he was able to supply items to me at an overseas address. He replied that he could, quoted a price inclusive of pack & post, and confirmed that he would supply me with a tracking number once he had received the funds and dispatched the goods.
    $278 money order sent and confirmed received by both he and WU.
    Since then - zip, nada, nothing.
    As has been alluded to, he is one of us "old guys", but my patience finally wore out so I emailed him from a different address inquiring if his revised book was available yet. A very timely response, within a few days, replied in the affirmative. So at that time he was still in business and answering emails, to somebody with whom he hadn't dealt with before. Same person (me) but different contact details.
    That communication was followed by a request, from the real me, for an update on my outstanding order. You guessed it - silence.
    After many emails trying to get a reply I gave up and handed all details to BBB (Better Business Bureau) A month has passed, and not even they can get a response or an answer.
    I believe that his business is operated under the name of F.I.G. Enterprise, or something like that. F.I.G. = Faith in God. Yeh, right. Maybe he does, but I'm really not so sure.
    To all you other folk who have ordered - Good Luck

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin c View Post
    Have you contacted him about getting the wrong lube?
    he didn't accidently send the wrong lube.he put a note in the box that he was out of what I ordered and sent something else.he just wanted to keep the money.
    Last edited by barnabus; 03-20-2020 at 06:54 AM.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Every mold I have ordered from Tom, at Accurate Molds, has been received within 2 weeks. One order was 4 days. IMO, Accurate Molds are the best on the market. The 4 day turn around was for a caliber that there are few gun owners in the US and has been obsolete since 1900 ... the 9.5x47R, a Schuetzen rifle caliber designed in 1880 and lasted for 20 years
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master

I've met dozens if not hundreds of old folks who were skilled at some sort of trade but couldn't answer the phone or type an email in a timely manner to save their lives. So much so that, to be honest, business experience has taught me NOT to be impressed by the tradesman that answers his phone and talks for hours. He's not working. The guy who lets the phone ring - he's working.

Not excusing him or anyone else. Just saying - old people are different. I'm 44. I am rarely away from a communication device for more than 5 minutes at a time. But I envy some of you guys who are free to work without constantly being on your phones and computers.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
    Every mold I have ordered from Tom, at Accurate Molds, has been received within 2 weeks. One order was 4 days. IMO, Accurate Molds are the best on the market. The 4 day turn around was for a caliber that there are few gun owners in the US and has been obsolete since 1900 ... the 9.5x47R, a Schuetzen rifle caliber designed in 1880 and lasted for 20 years
    I agree. I just received a new Accurate mold a week or so ago. It took less than 2 weeks.

Same here. With the service available from Accurate there is no reason to experience the frustration of dealing with Veral any longer. 20 years ago he was at the top of the game but that has changed now.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Land Owner View Post
    Veral is a Sponsor on Graybeard Outdoors who had been absent for a long time there, but has returned only recently with his thorough understanding of molds and all things molten and lead. I sent him an email about his new web site on a Tuesday. A week and two days later, on a Thursday, I received a response. That was three weeks ago. Veral is very much alive and well. http://lbtmolds.com/

Yup was just gonna type this!

Beat me to it Richard!!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Veral's molds are incredibly overpriced, and I've never found any evidence that his claims of design or construction superiority to be true. His cavities are not rounder or better finished. His designs are not more accurate or deadly than Keith's or any other well designed bullets.

I have a buddy with a large collection of LBTs and who is a disciple of Veral (the give away with these folks is that they will have a bunch of revolver caliber molds LACKING any SWC designs). LBT molds quality is not impressive to me. They sprue plates in particular are thin and the hardware basically the same as most. MPs molds are a level up in quality over all others due to their beefy sprue plates, large sized modern hardware, and incredible finish. Some masters work in oils or clay...others in brass and aluminum.

From MP you can get the same number of cavities, hollowpointed, and made of brass for LESS than LBT charges for a plain AL mold. Arsenal makes a comparable quality of mold and it costs about HALF what he charges. Also, No balloney with MP, NOE, Arsenal, ETC. You pays your money and you gets your mold in a week or so. Even the custom guys Accurate and Mountain Molds have better turn around times than LBT, which is measured in months or even years! I've gotten every mold I've ordered from MP, which is in Solvenia and on the Euro, within 8 days, even the one I ordered on New Year's eve.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast