Load DataTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Repackbox

Thread: The Bench Source annealer is a pleasure to use

Boolit Buddy

The Bench Source annealer is a pleasure to use

I just finished annealing 120 cases. Total time from setup to storing the unit away afterwards was less than 15 minutes with only one torch. With two torches the time would be reduced to around 10 minutes, but I see no reason for two. I’ve used the unit for 7 years and annealed over 8,000 cases so far. BTW, I anneal after each match.

Wayne
    Last edited by texasmac; 03-16-2020 at 11:58 PM.
    NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF member, Author/Publisher of the Browning BPCR book.

Boolit Grand Master

Love mine
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Banned

When looking for a case annealing machine that would be specific to my brass annealing requirements, I had strongly considered the Bench Source as my numero uno choice. But after comparing 4 or 5 different machines, I went with the Annealeez Gen 2. I don't regret a thing about that decision and like the idea that a hundred or more cases can perfectly annealed automatically ... and the $275 price tag.

Boolit Buddy
    rfd,

If I were buying one now I'd go with the Annealeez unit. In my article on annealers I commented, "The simplicity of the design and price is appealing and this is the unit I would purchase now if I did not already own the Vertex Bench-Source annealer."

http://www.texas-mac.com/Annealing_BPCR_Case_Necks.html

Wayne
    Last edited by texasmac; 03-17-2020 at 11:51 AM.
    NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF member, Author/Publisher of the Browning BPCR book.

Banned

texasmac - and you'd want the Gen2 version, too. That later version was what made an annealing machine choice too easy for me.

Boolit Man
    Can it handle the big rimmed cases?

Boolit Buddy
    Both the Bench Source and the Annealeez unit will handle large diameter cases. The Annealeez with handle up to 338 Lapua Magnums with a upgraded wheel kit for $25 + shipping. The standard Bench Source unit will handle cases up to 0.675" diameter. For larger cases such as the .50 BMG, a separate .50 caliber carrier plate is required for 49.95 + shipping.

Wayne

Boolit Master

I'm looking at building a simple induction annealer as described @ accurateshooter.com once I get resettled after the move. I like the idea of no open flame/gas requirement at little added expense.

Boolit Buddy
    Bench source is well built and folks there seem like good folks. But sitting and placing got really old for me. I then bought one like the Annealeez (sold by someone in TX).. it was ok but finicky a little.

I then sold both and bought an AMP with case feeder. It is beyond my dreams. Very reliable.

Expensive toy but love it.

Boolit Grand Master

That Annealeez Gen 2 is a fine looking machine. Thank you for adding that demo.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.