Reloading EverythingWidenersInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matador

Moderator Emeritus

Yup -- you are indeed correct --mine IS a Marauder FT. I woke up (good ) in kind of a daze, and we're having weather such that Internet is behaving like a yo-yo -- seems every couple of minutes "No Internet" flashes on screen. And... I apologize in getting my wires crossed. Matador and Marauder do both start with the same letter? .
    I recall previous conversations with you, cognizant then you had the two (.17 & .25) Marauders...
    Congrats, my friend, and BEST wishes with your EDgun 25 Matador! Sadly, the "shut-down" has had a deleterious affect on one son's family -- so, the "stimulus cheque" (if it ever arrives) as well as other excess cash will be headed to them. I redirected my "gun fun fund" to the Central NY Food Bank --soooo many people out of work, too -- I'm hoping my wee donations help some get food on their tables. Soooo, no new air or other guns in my immediate future...
    geo

Boolit Master
    I like nice airguns because I can shoot them in the back yard. Powder burners require a trip to the range. I have got the itch for a Daystate Red Wolf. Have to work a little over time....

Boolit Master

George, I have caught myself saying Marauder, and meaning Matador. Vice versa too! I won't be getting a stimuli check, recent changes in the world will cut our income which has been nice, too I might have to end retirement and go back to work. Had a little kitty of cash and this Matador may be my last discretionary purchase for some time, did it good.

GARD, that red wolf is nice, hope you can swing it.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Boolit Master
    If I can just stay healthy it won't be a problem. We are wide open at work. 20+ hours OT is no problem right now.

I just want to let this whole COVID mess calm down.

Boolit Master

Ok the Matador has a problem. It's the pressure gage.

An electronic pressure gage comes with the rifle. The thing has a microprocessor and can give you information such as how much pressure in the tank, how many shots are left, how much pressure was used for the last shot.

Really I'm fine with knowing how much pressure is in the tank. Really don't have the patience or inclination to receive the rest of the info there.

To get the pressure reading the rifle has to point just past your head, you push a button and wait a few seconds while the LED screen gets around to showing the reading.

The rest the info is there if you want to keep pushing the single button.
    Ok, guess I could live with the annoyance.

Well, except for the battery life. 3 battery's have gone dead in the six weeks the rifle has been in my possession.

Just ordered a gage with a needle that points to numbers.
    No love here for slow devices that always need a battery.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Boolit Master
    I completely understand! Seems today Everything has to have a computer on it to sell. Many times, the simple solution is the best, KISS. A very much forgotten concept.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by clodhopper View Post
    Ok the Matador has a problem. It's the pressure gage.

An electronic pressure gage comes with the rifle. The thing has a microprocessor and can give you information such as how much pressure in the tank, how many shots are left, how much pressure was used for the last shot.

Really I'm fine with knowing how much pressure is in the tank. Really don't have the patience or inclination to receive the rest of the info there.

To get the pressure reading the rifle has to point just past your head, you push a button and wait a few seconds while the LED screen gets around to showing the reading.

The rest the info is there if you want to keep pushing the single button.
    Ok, guess I could live with the annoyance.

Well, except for the battery life. 3 battery's have gone dead in the six weeks the rifle has been in my possession.

Just ordered a gage with a needle that points to numbers.
    No love here for slow devices that always need a battery.

I feel your pain vis batteries! I recently had a 'scope fail using a battery unlike those in other 'scopes and devices I have; I went to three stores before I found a quite costly pack -- but, I had to have one -- and the "new" battery lasted one session at range. Good thing they came in a 2-pack, eh? The 2nd battery lasted two range sessions -- and I was convinced the 'scope was defective, perhaps "sucking juice" even when it was off. BUT -- I ordered a pack -- same brand (Energizer) -- from Amazon -- and the first one I put in has been functioning just like their "bunny" commercials .
    My thoughts include the set I had purchased in local pharmacy were old.
    Perhaps -- if it were me, from my 'scope battery experience -- I'd try replacing failing batteries with another brand (or, same brand) from a different source.
    Just a thought.... GOOD LUCK!
    geo
    Last edited by georgerkahn; 05-02-2020 at 09:10 AM.

Boolit Master

Guilty here! found the last two replacement batteries in junque drawer. Already ordered the old school gage. Would rather have a needle gage anyway. Faster to get a reading, no little LED light shining at the target, no battery aggravation.

Those cheap harbor freight digital calipers, thought having one would be the easy way to convert measurements to/from metric and imperial. I would rather use paper and pen to do the 25.4 calculations then dig out another battery. I like a dial caliper, always works.

Going to stick another old battery in the gun this morning. The gophers are out, I have the battery.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Boolit Master
    Good hunting! You should post a picture thread in the hunting sub forum, Pictures would be great!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master

Too busy looking for the next one to do photography.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12