RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RepackboxReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GoodRX

GoodRX

Has anyone tried GoodRX for their precriptions? It's a free app for smart phones. It looks like you pay $20. for an online doctor and get free coupons for drastic discounts for your scripts which you take to the drug store. The video on the sites says a script that may cost $150 normally you could get for a bit over $10. I've seen it advertised on TV, but that doesn't mean it's still not a scam. In most cases you wouldn't even use your insurance?

Boolit Buddy
    GoodRX is not a scam. I didn't pay any $20 or deal with any online doctor. I did not pay any fee other than the price of the prescription. My doctor sends the prescription to the pharmacy, then I just show them my GoodRX card and get the discount. I also have had the doctor send the prescription to the GoodRX mail order pharmacy and my prescription comes in the mail.

I have drug coverage but I have used the GoodRx card to fill a script the vet wrote for my hound. I had to use a human compounding pharmacy for my dog's med. This card dropped the price from $35 to $15. My vet gave me the card and there wasn't a fee or sign up required to use it.

BB

Boolit Master
    I recently used GoodRX. There was no fee and I saved 2/3 on my script.
    Last edited by high standard 40; 03-12-2020 at 08:02 AM.

Boolit Master

Same here. No fee and I saved about 75% on one prescription. I printed the coupon from their website and used it. Walgreens told me about them.
    Chuck

Boolit Master

You don't need the app. for the coupons. Just go to the website and download the coupons for the pharmacy you will be going to. My wife was on a med for a bit that was about $437 dollars at Walmart. The coupon from Good RX cut the price to $92 - Pretty healthy savings. Just a note - Compare the coupon prices for multiple pharmacies in your shopping area. The saving can vary a bunch depending on the pharmacy
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master
    Haven’t used the coupon piece but their cheapest med finder has save my family tons over the years.

Dog has to be on seizure medication that cost $75 for 10 day supply at local pharmacy, GoodRX pointed us to where a 30 day supply was $10! When we switched her to a new med the finder pointed us to a different pharmacy to get that one for $12/month vs $110 elsewhere.

No fees to use this service either.

Boolit Master

Yup...literally saved a couple hundred dollars on one prescription when their 'finder' showed me that my regular pharmacy didn't offer a generic for a med not covered on my Medicare Supplement and, then, pointed me toward another pharmacy just down the block that did.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Buddy
    I belonged to a health care cost sharing group for several years. It did not have drug coverage. I tried GoodRX and it worked great. It saved me a bunch of money and was really easy. There should be no fee to use it. They will give you the best price in your community along with some coupons from time to time.

I would also note that if you just go to a pharmacy and ask them to search they can often find a similar card or program. I have had people search for several places to find me the best deal. I cannot figure out how this works for Good Rx though but I do know it saved me a ton of money.
    Last edited by Huskerguy; 03-12-2020 at 11:20 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    Saw the Doc on Friday and he printed out a GoodRx coupon for me to use for my prescription. I had received a message from the pharmacy that ins. wouldn't cover the prescription (I knew that) and that it was $1100 for a 90 day supply. With the coupon, it was a little over $26

GoodRX came in very handy for my aunt when she was going through chemo, the pills weer sorted with date and times printed on them and helped IMMENSELY with keeping her on track.

Moderator Emeritus

While I have not used GoodRX to save money...yet.
    I did use it to get some pricing, to see what my meds would cost me (after GoodRX discount), if I didn't have good insurance.

Anyway, I accessed GoodRX via the AAA website, I put in the prescription med name and my zip code, and got a bunch of prices for a couple online sellers and almost all the different drug stores in my area ...Except the one I use
    But the info was very helpful. it was interesting to see the different discounted prices from different sellers.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Dapaki View Post
    GoodRX came in very handy for my aunt when she was going through chemo, the pills weer sorted with date and times printed on them and helped IMMENSELY with keeping her on track.
    Was that through Pillpack?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    I used it also at Walmart. Saved a bunch of money. Then my Walmart quit using it so went to a small local pharmacy. So glad I did so much better service they know me by name and they usually always have my meds ready in two to three min. Walmart would take hours and hours and a lot of times they where out of my meds . Good Rx does work

Mixed results. works on some and some it dont

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    Was that through Pillpack?
    It may have been, I may have gotten that turned around a little.

My Wife and I have had good results with GoodRX and we have Tricare as I'm retarded from the Army (327 Inf, 101st Airborne Hooah) and we both have VA benefits. ( She was a Seaman then came to her senses and joined the Army. Patriot missile crewman). We have used it for our dog scripts believe it or not and certain meds not covered by Tricare or VA.
    "Adults are the children and the children are the adults" Jules my wife.

All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife. — Daniel Boone

Democracy is defended in 3 stages: Ballot Box, Jury Box, Cartridge Box. — Ambrose Bierce

A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie. — Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

Black Rifles Matter

NRA Life Member, SAF Member, GOA Member, TFA Member

Boolit Master
    I've been using GoodRx for 4 years. It didn't cost me anything to use GoodRx. My prescriptions cost me $120/month. Doesn't sound like a deal but I used to mail order from Canada. Cost had gotten to $450/month. Stateside pharmacies had gotten to $900/month. I use it at 2 different pharmacies.

Boolit Grand Master
    Anyone know if it works at Kaiser?????

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    Anyone know if it works at Kaiser?????
    Go to the GoodRx website and enter the med you're looking for. You'll be asked to enter your ZIP code and that will generate a list of participating pharmacies and their prices for your area.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast