Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee PrecisionRepackbox
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: Converting a Master Caster to hand casting...

Boolit Buddy

Converting a Master Caster to hand casting...

Found out today Master Caster will sell you a base to convert your Master Caster to manual pour for hand casting.

I called today and to their credit, they said you can just prop the lever down with “a 2x4 or something”... or you can buy a base for $131. I went ahead and bought the base because I like things a certain way.

Didn’t realize it was just two bolts to pull off pot. Anyway, looking forward to doing some hand casting with that big pot.

Boolit Buddy
    That was nice of them! I have always thought they are top notch!
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by John Wayne View Post
    That was nice of them! I have always thought they are top notch!
    Totally agree. It’s a pleasure to call them. Btw... they had the base in mail same day. It was about $150 shipped. I only got it cause I don’t want any lead dripping on lower parts in master caster and a messy cleanup.

I am going to see if I can use the Hatch automation system to pour the lead. Wonder if I can keep up with it!

Boolit Buddy
    I just made one ( proto type for my MC ) out of a piece of 16 ga. metal that sits on top of the rails,, just take the spring out that holds the mould arms closed ,, let the handle down . ( can't do pics ) this lets me hold the mould's steady,, and I can preheat the moulds easier.

coffee's ready ,, Hootmix.