RepackboxLoad DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2

Thread: WTB/WTT: Marlin pistol-grip 336/1895 stock for my straight stock

Boolit Master

WTB/WTT: Marlin pistol-grip 336/1895 stock for my straight stock

I have an 1895 that appears to be a 1975 vintage. I think they call the stock finish Mar-Shield. It is NOT the older oil finish.

Mine is the straight stock and lever, with curved buttplate. It has some scratches and wear (pics on request).

If you have a similar rifle with a mechanically sound PISTOL GRIP buttstock and have any interest in trading, let me know. If you're in TN and wanted to trade whole rifles (mine is 45-70, I'd consider a 375 but really want to stay with 45-70), I'd consider that. Or if you have a pistol grip stock you wanted to sell, I'd be interested in that too.

Obviously, whatever I do, I'd want to try and get the stock, factory buttplate, lever, and trigger plate, as a package, if possible.

Boolit Buddy
    I assume you do know that if you change from straight stock to pistol grip stock you must change lever also? Wallacem in Ga

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by wallacem View Post
    I assume you do know that if you change from straight stock to pistol grip stock you must change lever also? Wallacem in Ga
    Yes. That's why I put the last sentence in the ad. But if I found just a stock, I could get the lever and trigger plate used off eBay.

Boolit Master

Latch, I have a pistol grip stock from my .444. I don't have the plate or lever though. My straight stock has a crack so I would be interested in a trade. If you do not find the whole package trade let me know and I will send you a picture. There is no hurry it is not going anywhere. Thanks, FB

Boolit Master

PM sent.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Firebricker View Post
    Latch, I have a pistol grip stock from my .444. I don't have the plate or lever though. My straight stock has a crack so I would be interested in a trade. If you do not find the whole package trade let me know and I will send you a picture. There is no hurry it is not going anywhere. Thanks, FB
    I have been talking with another user who may have a stock and lever for me. If that works out, I'll be willing to trade you somehow, as I won't need the straight stock anymore. Will keep you posted.

Boolit Master

Sounds good Latch. It will definitely be better if you can do a complete switch. FB

Boolit Master

Sounds good Latch. It will definitely be better if you can do a complete switch. FB
    As of yesterday I have the complete setup for a pistol gripped stock - minus the buttplate and the pistol grip cap.

But I'd probably trade my straight stock for your pistol gripped stock, especially if yours has the cap and pad. Wouldn't hurt to have a spare stock sitting around. Shoot me a message if you're interested and I'll try to grab a picture of my straight stock. It has the bullseye and is drilled for a swivel stud, but has no stud.

Boolit Master

Gonna bump this one last time to be sure you see this - I still have the straight stock, etc, if you are interested in it.

Also, if anyone has a pistol grip cap for a marlin PG stock, I need one to complete this rifle.