Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
RepackboxWidenersPBcastcoMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: Why are members banned / What's the process?

Boolit Buddy

Why are members banned / What's the process?

Sometimes when I'm reading comments in the Forum I notice that a particular contributor was banned. It makes me scratch my head and wonder why. So I go over to swapping and selling and check the deadbeat list. Usually, I don't find the person in question listed as a deadbeat as that is somewhat rare. Then I visit their profile page and find their most recent posts. I don't ever find any acrimonious comments which brings me back to square one. Is there any way or is it even appropriate to ask how to find out what a person was banned for when to the uninitiated such as myself they seem like a fairly reasonable and straight up guy? Maybe I should visit the Forum more often so I am up on current events but the truth is I'm usually either working or making ammunition.

Paul

Boolit Grand Master
    I have been warned a couple of times.

If someone ignores warnings...no choice.

If someone pisses off the moderators and/or owner...they can and will ban. Lots of "good" guys have been banned and some reinstated. Some have not.
    Don Verna

Boolit Buddy
    Gotcha. Wasn't aware that some were reinstated.

Boolit Grand Master

The last one that I noticed being banned made several for sale ads that violated the rules. Then he made a real snarky one. Then he was gone! I saw that one coming.

Moderator Emeritus

No one gets banned for "pisses off the moderators and/or owner".

In "Our Town" the Infraction list is published. Post #8 goes into detail how it works.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raction-system

BTW, there are several levels of being Banned.
    Most are 2 week bans.
    Some are one month days bans.
    A rare few are one year bans.
    and there are also Permanent Bans.
    and there are Spam Bans.

I don't recall any members that were "reinstated"...when a one year Ban expires, it may seem like a reinstatement, but there is no action by the Mods or Admin. The Ban expires and the member automatically has access again.

99% of banned members achieve that status by not learning to change their undesirable behavior after numerous infractions, if you clicked on the link above to see the list of infractions, you see there are 1st, 2nd, and 3rd offenses. No one gets Banned from a single infraction, except Spammers.
    ...A permanent Ban of a regular member is always discussed, at length, by "ALL" the active Staff.

These are the most popular infractions awarded to those who end up with a Permanent Ban.
    > Baiting or Trolling
    > Insulting Other Member(s)
    > Condescending\Arrogant
    > Inappropriate Language - Language Censor Violation
    > Continued Action After Staff Warning
    > Swearing at or Telling off a Staff Member

We do our best to delete all offending posts after a infraction, as it does nothing to forward our goals as a informative Boolit casting website.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001