RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWidenersSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: Grand Power Stribog SP9A1 - Does She Like Cast Bullets?

Boolit Master

Grand Power Stribog SP9A1 - Does She Like Cast Bullets?

I have been eyeballing this little gem for a number of months now. A side folding, non NFA 9mm sub gun for under $800. And it comes with three 30 rd mags. It has been built from the ground up as a dedicated sub gun, and is engineered for full auto hard use. Running subsonic 147 gr Lyman pills suppressed should be super quiet. My big question that nobody seems to have insight on is whether they will run cast well. More than anything if the chamber and throat are very tight. If I jump on one and find it doesn't like cast, I will be very, very upset.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails aaaacccdd.jpg  

Boolit Grand Master

Having shot all manner of 9mm cast bullets in many different sub machine guns I doubt the one in question will have a "tight chamber". Usually it's the other way. My load has pretty much been 4 gr Bullseye under any 115 - 125 gr cast bullet. I have shot a few commercial cast 147s though and they worked fine in the suppressed sub machine guns.

Has Lyman branched out into pharmaceuticals?
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Grand Master
    Asking if any given 9mm will run cast well is like asking if someone else will feel sick exactly a month from now.

Hopefully someone that owns one will weigh in, and if the news is positive hopefully the one you get is just like the one they have. Or maybe not.

It is possible to throat the gun if it does not shoot cast well so take some solace in that.

Boolit Master

I just picked one up this afternoon. It was drizzling, and I was in a hurry, so I did no real accuracy testing. I ran 4 different loads through the gun and it never skipped a beat. I was particularly surprised by a very light load, Lyman 147 gr over 2.6 gr of Tightgroup. I only get about 50% function in my Glock 17 with this load as it's just not enough to cycle the gun. I ran 30 rds with zero issues. Very quiet. The gun handles very well, and feels great in the hand. Recoil is very mild. No over gassing when suppressed. Detractors- Trigger is stiff, but not "bad". Sights appear cheap, and front sight washes out target. As they are designed really to be back ups, they are bearable. I see no decent way to mount a sling. Overall, I love it.