MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders JerkyWideners
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackboxLee Precision
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: Lee 95 gn.FN in a 380 ?

Lee 95 gn.FN in a 380 ?

Anyone loading the Lee 365 95 gn FN in a 380 automatic ? I've read it doesn't function very well ? Looking for a boolit for training/practice for TOWMBO, and just don't like the looks of the 95 (+-) RN that looks like a thimble.

Thanks
    IHMSA # 566 "time sure flies when you're having FUN"

Boolit Master

If you mean 356 95 gn FN then yes, I load it in 380. I have had zero problems with it. It has never failed to feed in my Bersa Thunder. Accuracy if better than I can hold.
    I powder coat with Smokes powder. Alloy is 50-50 COWW and soft, sized .356.

I just started casting with it so I don't have any experience....yet...however, I have the LEE 356-102 RN mold and it is very reliable in my 380. Never a stovepipe or jam.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Been loading it in my wife's Ruger. It eats it up. All my guns love the Lee flat nose boolits. In .380, 9mm, .38 special, .357 magnum.

ACC

Boolit Master
    I load the RD group buy that was the same shape listed at 102 gr. It is very accurate, functions well and feeds fine in my Beretta 84 and 86. Now in a Taurus TCP it does all of the same, except it locks the slide open most every shot! The dia of the nose is big enough to bump the slide lock lever that’s supposed to only hit the mag follower. I was going to grind some clearance but Taurus does not sell a repair part, so I have not gone farther with it. Should be fine in LCP and the like without a last shot hold it open lever.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Im looking to load the 356 95 RF in 380 for the wifes Bersa. Im interested in load data and OAL used.

Boolit Buddy
    My CZ83 likes that bullet a lot. It liked 2.6gr of Titegroup at .95 the best.

Boolit Grand Master
    It has worked exceptionally well in each of my 380's (Colt Pocketlite, Walther PPKs, Beretta 84f, Ruger LCP,) except for an old Llama, wherein the last round in the magazine inevitably jams on the feed ramp. I have tried several magazines but all seem to either need the feed lips widened to release the round a little sooner, the follower bent up a little, or some combination of the two. One of these days I shall get around to fiddling with it to see if I can cure that gun of that bad habit.
    I load it with 2.7 grains of WW-231 or Bulls Eye, sized .357 at an OAL of .915.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

The Lee 356-95-RF at an oal of .925" functions perfectly through my LCPII, Bodyguard, Baby Rock, Bersa Thunder, Pico, and 380EZ. They sometimes stop on the feed ramp of my Spectrum but I think that's just a flaw of the pistol. My favorite, most accurate loads are below. Some may not be published loads so use at your own risk, or reduce and work up.

Autocomp 3.7gn
    CFE Pistol 4gn
    Sport Pistol 3.1gn
    Last edited by BC17A; 03-13-2020 at 09:06 PM.

Boolit Master
    I’m using Harbor Freight Yelow PC. Sized to .356” with PowerPistol in my S&W Sheild. It’s more powerful and more accurate than any factory ammo I’ve shot through it. Feeds perfectly.
    Also have “economy” load with TightGroup. Worked “down” load till it just is reliable feeding/ejecting. Cases look unfired. Six cavity molds rain bullets..

Boolit Master

Wonder where that design came from?

Boolit Grand Master
    Ranch Dog designed it, in fact, mine is one of from a group buy he orchestrated 8 or 10 years ago. For a while, he was running a business where in he designed various molds and had them made by LEE for resale. Eventually, his other ventures took up so much time that he had to give up the custom mold business. Most of his designs are now available from NOE. I have had sterling service from the three that I own. He created one in particular that was near perfect for Marlin 336 30-30 Carbines.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ACC View Post
    Been loading it in my wife's Ruger. It eats it up. All my guns love the Lee flat nose boolits. In .380, 9mm, .38 special, .357 magnum.

ACC
    Do you use the Lee 95 grain FN in 9mm? I'm thinking of casting some up for my 9mm but don't want to if they won't work. I bought the mold for my 380 but now the 380 is gone.

Anyone work up a 380 load with unique?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne S View Post
    Anyone loading the Lee 365 95 gn FN in a 380 automatic ? I've read it doesn't function very well ? Looking for a boolit for training/practice for TOWMBO, and just don't like the looks of the 95 (+-) RN that looks like a thimble.

Thanks
    Use it in my wife's .380 EZ. Feeds just fine. The one thing I hate is that gun spits out those cases so far.

ACC