WidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading EverythingLee Precision
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there anyone that will make grips for a Ruger revolver?

Boolit Grand Master

Is there anyone that will make grips for a Ruger revolver?

I've asked this before, but I'm still hoping someone knows somebody. I'm looking for custom Ruger grips, meaning the Redhawk/Super Redhawk, GP100, and SP101. Herrett's will make them for $400, which is a little to tough to stomach. It seems so odd to me that Ruger has a post grip frame with infinite possibilities, and nobody is making grips for them.

Facebook - Chigs (I think). He makes some pretty spectacular grips. If you can't find it, pm me and I will dig for it.

Vendor Sponsor

Nice looking grips too..

https://www.facebook.com/chigsgrips/
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

I've got Altamont grips on over a dozen of my Ruger handguns. They fit my hand better than factory grips and certainly look better, too.

Here's the link: https://www.altamontco.com/pistol-gr...ger/blackhawk/

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Grand Master

I'll call them tomorrow, but Chig's website only says grip inserts. Meaning he makes the about 1"x2" panel that fits the garbage Ruger grips.

I have the Altamont grips for the SP101. No go. That grip along with about half a dozen others, including the Pachmayr diamond grip, seems to be a cookie cutter pattern of some kind of "boot grip". It's a decent concealing grip, but the grip angle is horrible. Not a good target grip at all.

I've owned, tried, or am at least aware of every single production SP101 grip out there. None of them are what I want.

Boolit Master
    https://www.eaglegrips.com/424-secret-service-grips

I have these on my GP100 and love them! I also have E-Bay Thailand grips on a SP101 that are quite good as well.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    https://www.eaglegrips.com/424-secret-service-grips

I have these on my GP100 and love them! I also have E-Bay Thailand grips on a SP101 that are quite good as well.
    I have the Thailand grips for the SP101. They are the smallest grips I have ever seen. I get two fingers on them.

I am looking for a custom grip maker. No response from Chigs yet. According to his website, he doesn't make grips for Ruger's, only the little inserts.

Boolit Grand Master

I got a call back from Chigs. They do not make grips for Rugers.

I also called Herretts just to see if anything had changed. They never did start working on Ruger's, and even worse, I just found out they plan to close down permanently in a few months. They won't even take custom orders anymore.

Boolit Buddy
    i bought a pair for my redhawk many years ago . i believe it was a co. called LETT and i talked with him personally , he said at that time they made the grips for ruger . i got a pair of rosewood checkered and they had ruger inlays just like originals and they are beautiful. could not have found anything more satisfying . the originals are smooth and with sweaty hands were hard to control.

Boolit Grand Master

Unfortunately it looks like Lett closed his doors around 2006-2007.

Boolit Buddy
    I too bought a set of Blackhawk grips and a set of inserts for my SP101 both in walnut from them. They used to be located in Hopkinton, NH and I just went to the shop and picked them up. This was in the 1990's, went by there about 10-15 years ago and the buildings are all gone. Demoed.
    Last edited by nhithaca; 03-10-2020 at 03:19 PM. Reason: spelling

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    Unfortunately it looks like Lett closed his doors around 2006-2007.
    that's sad because they were top notch

Moderator Emeritus

http://www.gungripsupply.com/viewcat...php?groupid=56
    Nothing listed for the Redhawk or SRH.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master

I may have found something. A place in Conroe, Texas called Custom Firearm Products returned my request for a quote. It sounds like they are willing to make a custom grip for an SP101. I'll call them tomorrow to see what their capabilities are. The price quoted seems fair.

Boolit Bub
    I believe this guy makes the grips for Ruger custom shop.

https://www.skgrips.com/

Boolit Master

Grashorn was making elk antler grips for the Redhawk. But the website looks like it is falling apart now, so who knows?

Boolit Grand Master

Good news. Custom Firearm Products will make me a custom grip for my SP101. They will work on any Ruger. In talking with the the guy, it sounds like they are every bit as through as Herrett's in making exactly what you want, made to your own hand. I can't wait to see how it turns out, I'm sure I will be pleased.

Banned

yup scott Kolar makes some of the most beautiful grips you can find and is a stand up guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnors View Post
    I believe this guy makes the grips for Ruger custom shop.

https://www.skgrips.com/

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    yup scott Kolar makes some of the most beautiful grips you can find and is a stand up guy.
    I responded to an ad about a m1. After de cosmalining it I ended with a near numbers matching 1945 springfield.

When I went to pick it up he showed me around his shop. He had some amazing materials. I am sure you could easily pay more for the grips than the gun if you wanted exotics. Petrified Russian wooly mammoth and other things.

Boolit Buddy
    IDK about the Russian stuff, Mammoth Ivory..But these panels are stunning.. From the Alaskan Arctic uncle mike Click image for larger version. 

Name:	black ivory.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	258754Click image for larger version. 

Name:	under construction.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	258755Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Leons .jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	258756

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast