Load DataRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Evangelism?

Boolit Master
    Please remember that Peter wrote you must be asked before you can answer.
    Try this on...
    Most people don't need lighthouses. But if you are sailing down the coast at night and you see one, you are glad to know where you are. Not lost in the dark anymore. You can take comfort from your GPS, but the lighthouse marks the point.
    And so don't hide your lamp under a bushel.
    You are the only lighthouse for miles and miles.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    Slug, your thinking is very narrow and constrained. God made man to have a will of his own. It seems very logical that a true God would not want mere mechanical expressions of worship and praise, but the genuine thing that can emanate ONLY from those who have made the CHOICE to follow and worship Him. But somehow, I don't think you're really after a real understanding of God, but only what you think is "a little fun" trying to promote doubt and antagonism toward Christianity and Christians. That's YOUR choice. You will answer for it one day, just as the rest of us will be judged by our behavior. I hate to see an intelligent person take such a route, but ... as was given to you by God himself, you have that free will, and can decide those things only for your own self.

But have you ever wondered why all the naysayings have been unable to counter, or even to mitigate the growth of faith? It's because atheism and so-called "agnosticism" are weak and illogical if you consider ALL the evidence involved. But you have to decide whether to take an honest look at these evidences, and you certainly appear to be very antagonistic against doing that, or of ever really doing that. I am sorry to see you choose as you have. It could be so different, and your life and attitude and outlook could be so very, very different, and you could be so very much happier and more satisfied. But ultimately, the choice will always be yours, and yours alone. I pray you will see the light before your life's end.
    You know Bee-Dubya, my original reply to this thread was directed at the unwanted annoyances of evangelists, and you reply with unwanted, annoying evangelism. Can we consider my point made?
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Moderator Emeritus

Nope. Not at all. Your grandiose view of yourself and your "opinions" is glaring.

You make a statement, and THEN expect nobody to counter it, and that everyone should meekly accept your word as the "last word," and the absolute truth? My, my, my! You sure have an inflated view of yourself and your opinions, and what their effect ought to be in any debate/exchange. But my friend, it just t'ain't so! Your opinion is your opinion, and nothing more, and your beliefs are your beliefs are yours alone, and nothing more. Who do you think you are, trying to determine everyone's "truth" FOR them??? They have to find their own truths, and it is rather obvious that you've never really been interested in truth, but merely creating a stance for you that is apart from that of others. I hope you enjoy being lonely, because I suspect you have a whole LOT of that in your future.

And BTW, we're all SUPPOSED to be here for the give and take, and NOT to just declare the end-all be-all answer for others. I'd have thought you realized that, what with your "superior intellect" and all??? You're no different from all the other disbelievers who have never really sought the truth. You just enjoy "feeling" superior to others. That's all. But tragically, you're not superior at all, in any way. You're just another lost soul who has never even wanted to find the truth, even if it was staring you right in the face. So be it. Even God won't deny you the right to disbelieve or deny. But really, you have to ask yourself a question if your mental acumen is really so profound, and that question is, and always will be: "Am I truly happy and satisfied with the answers I've chosen for myself?"

We Christians are quite happy and satisfied with the answers we've found, but you disbelievers and deniers are always showing how dissatisfied and "antsy" you are about the answers you've chosen to go with. Declare what you may, one can never really lose sight of these facts. You and all other deniers betray yourselves in so many, many ways! And you think you can hide your real intent and motivations from us! What a pipedream you're living. And all you have to do is humble yourself before the Lord, and accept the wondrous gift He has made possible for you! But you cannot receive that gift unless and until you humble yourself before Him, which I suspect may well be a chief reason you've never done it. You're simply full of fear that if you did that, someone might make fun of you, or that you'd become one of those "bible thumpers" that make such fools of themselves sometimes. Your imagination is the only thing keeping you from coming to the Light. You might try dropping your imagination, and considering and really delving into the REAL reasons for belief that exist all around us, including right in front of your eyes, and inside your heart of hearts. But it's still your decision. And yours alone. I pray you choose wisely.

Boolit Master
    Amen Black!

Anyone jumping into an ongoing discussion of Christian works and then objecting to a rational response makes me suspect the questioner isn't as satisfied in his position as he thinks he is.

Is Slug really as independent and certain as he wants us to believe? I mean, if he seriously objects to the presence or words of Christians he wouldn't bother to read or post here, or care at all what anyone here says. But, that obviously isn't the truth is it ???

Therefore, your actions speak much louder than your words so I (we!) can happily say, "Hang in there Slug, the Holy Spirit is clearly working on YOU!"
    Last edited by 1hole; 04-06-2020 at 01:14 PM.

Moderator Emeritus

Amen! Some of the finest Christians started out as devout atheists. C. S. Lewis is but a single example. Maybe Slug will find the Truth one day, or maybe it'll find him. I certainly hope so. He's a congenial sort, or so it seems. He'd be someone that would likely be fun to talk with if he weren't so mockishly counter to Christianity. Usually, I just smile when I read his posts. He's looking for truth, and doesn't even really realize it. I just hope he finds it.

Boolit Master
    Don't you think we should use some judgment in our evangelizing?

Mat 7:6

“Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

Banned

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Moderator Emeritus

Thunderstick, you're right, of course, but don't we have an obligation to God and to ourselves, to respond to those who mock us, and try to persuade others that our faith is empty? Slug and a few more show up from time to time trying to do that, but like all deniers, they'll always be unsuccessful, because they can never overcome a certain knowledge that our faith is based on MUCH more evidence than they can even bring to any argument on the issue. They always try to "win" by limiting any considerations to the existential factors, but man is much more than just a collection of atoms and molecules gathered together in a big lump. He has more means of perception than science can or will accept. That's science's job - to study the physical things of this world. But man's comprehensive abilities allow him to perceive things beyond the mere existential, and this can be denied until the last day of earth's existence, but there are far too many instances of people knowing things that are unknowable, and doing things that were undoable, to give credence to any denier's wishful claims. There is more to this earth and to man than merely the atoms and molecules that make us all up. There is a presence here that we Christians call the Holy Spirit, and there is, we devoutly believe, a God in the sky and His Son the Christ. Deniers won't accept that, and that's their choice, and they and noone else has a right to decide that for them. Even God won't change it. I believe God wants souls who've CHOSEN Him, and not just a collection of creatures or souls that He controls like puppets. He simply wants to be chosen. What a simple thing that is, and yet, how revealing. If we choose Him, we get to go to Heaven and be with Him. If we reject Him, there's nowhere else for those to go but to be with Satan and his minions. All deniers have heard this, I believe. They just don't take it seriously, mostly I think because they just don't want to. After all, it may inhibit some of their favorite means of having "fun." What a tradeoff! They've traded Paradise for a little fun, that will pass away as soon as it's over. But everyone HAS to make a decision, one way or the other, whether they'll accept the truth, and the Love of a very loving God, or not. And some just choose not to accept it. I feel sorry for them, but there is nothing you or I or anyone else can do to change that. It's just as God set it all up to be, and He knows MUCH more about what He's doing that we ever will. I'm inclined to accept it as He made it, and gave it to us, and let it go at that. All deniers will be dealt with justly, but we won't have a hand in it at all. Judgment belongs to Christ, and NOT to us!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123