Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxLee Precision
Reloading Everything

Thread: Old Competition airguns

Boolit Buddy

Old Competition airguns

Hello All,

I've been recently getting more involved in my club. Unfortunately they do not have airgun competition anymore. They did years before I joined but lack of interest killed it. They have several airguns that are not in use, just taking up space. Some are nicer and I think still viable in competition (A couple of Feinwerkbau p70s, a walther lg 300) some are CO2 which my understanding is simply obsolete in the competition world (a couple Tau 200s a half dozen Avanti daisies). They tried to sell some of them a ways back and didn't have any takers.

I was wondering if any of you guys knew a good venue to sell them or general advice about finding the "real" going rate. From what research I've done it seems that about 75% of new cost is about the ceiling price wise as a rule of thumb but I have no idea what the CO2 guns command now that PCP has expanded so much in the last 10-15 years.

Any information would be appreciated. I just hate seeing things languish instead being put to use.
    "There are no solutions there are only tradeoffs" ~ Thomas Sowell

Boolit Buddy
    Start with "gateway to air guns" ;https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA...p?action=forum, there are links on the site. Also "american airguns" http://www.airguns.net/index.php could be another source.
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

Boolit Buddy
    I also saw "Airgun nation" as a site with (from the outside) a decent buying and selling forum. I've heard of gateway to airguns more but I'm not enough into the airgun world to know how the forums are specialized and ranked.
    "There are no solutions there are only tradeoffs" ~ Thomas Sowell

Boolit Man
    targettalk.org is the place.

Banned

My Air Rifle program and I think every other JROTC program, got rid of the Daisy/Avanti 887s a couple of years ago and replaced them with Crossman Challengers, a considerably better rifle, but the Avantis are better than a lot of people thought they were. There were little tricks to keeping them going that my predecessor here never bothered to learn so half or more were down when I took it over. The parts are cheap and they are simple enough that the average guy can fix most things that go wrong, I think I have a tutorial on CD Rom somewhere on how to do it. For a flat rate of $50, you could get Daisy to go through them and get anything fixed, we sent several back for that.

Surely there is a 4H shooting program with someone in charge who would take care of them and would like to have them.

Boolit Master

Boolit Master
    Target talk is a good place to sell them

Boolit Master
    I think one of the best oldtime target airguns was the HW 55. This was a break barrel springer, with a manual breech lock. It was the epitome of spring powered airguns. Obsolete, and out of production now, but a real classic. It had won many championships in it's day.

I would be interested in both TAU200 if you would like to sell them separately.

Quote Originally Posted by GBertolet View Post
    I think one of the best oldtime target airguns was the HW 55. This was a break barrel springer, with a manual breech lock. It was the epitome of spring powered airguns. Obsolete, and out of production now, but a real classic. It had won many championships in it's day.
    And they are hens teeth now and cost a bunch if you can find one. The rear sights alone go for $500!

I've been looking for one I could afford for many years. Wish I'd bought one from Beeman's in 1978,,, I got an HW35EB instead.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com