RepackboxTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading Everything
RotoMetals2WidenersLoad DataSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee reloading dies got a little fancier...

Lee reloading dies got a little fancier...

Got a new 40 S&W/10 mm die set and it's a little fancier than they used to be...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40_10_dies.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	258209
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Mold
    Time and again I am impressed by the Lee dies even in the face of more expensive options.

Congratulations on your purchase.

Andrew

Boolit Master
    most of my dies are lee but I don't have any with the new fancy lock ring

Boolit Buddy
    I just got a set of 22 Hornet Collet dies in yesterday. I like the new locking rings. They are much easier to tighten by hand.

All of my Handgun Dies except one RCBS Carbide set are Lee Dies. I no longer have a Lee Press so I have replaced all the Lee Lock rings with Hornady Split Rings. Looking at the new style Lee Lock Rings makes me think they would work out good.

I like sprockets, neat! I’ve not had a problem with any Lee dies, ever. Half of my dies are by Lee. I have Redding, RCBS, and CH dies and they don’t work any better than the Lees.

Boolit Grand Master

I haven't been at this as long as some, but that die set looks the same as any Lee set I've bought in my lifetime. A full working set, plus shell holder and powder scoop. I quit buying other brands a long time ago, as nothing sub $75 could beat it.

Boolit Master
    There are 4 dies. Are they separating the seat and crimp functions? My three sets of Lee dies are only 3 dies.

Boolit Master
    I just got LEE's new primer pocket swage die setup for my new APP presses.... Wow! Nothing like anything ive see from LEE before! It looks like a bunch of very different dies from the Custom Shop for a very specific press and application, which it is! Pretty nicely machined stuff. I think LEE's finish quality of machining has improved a fair bit. This swage set is neat! It comes with a universal decapping die but it has a special decapping pin to open/correct 5.56 NATO spec brass that might have dinged/mashed necks so the swageing back-up rod may enter the brass. They came out with a whole line of special self guiding/aligning, caliber specific universal decapping pins. Meant for high speed processing on the APP press so it goes fast/smooth without alignment issues. Its a big help so it centers up the pin/flash hole with these new pass through shell holders. Im a true Blue Dillon fan/owner, love'em but I started with LEE and still buy & use LEE equipment. Value for money, American made stuff and some revolutionary products! Love it!
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Buddy

I got a Lee universal expander in on Friday. It came in a little black plastic box with the new style lock ring.
    I tried it out yesterday with a new NOE expander. Hated the lock ring, swapped it for a Hornady split lock ring.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sigep1764 View Post
    There are 4 dies. Are they separating the seat and crimp functions? My three sets of Lee dies are only 3 dies.
    Yes, the 4 die pistol sets include the seating die and the factory crimp die.

4 die rifle sets include a std full length resizing die and a neck sizing die.

Boolit Grand Master

One major plus I discovered yesterday when I set up my new Lee dies is the lock rings. No, not the weird grooved edges, but they are thicker then previous rings and fit my Co-Ax perfectly...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Now they can sell you the special wrench to use on the new lock rings.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo 5959 View Post
    I already have an opposable thumb!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo 5959 View Post
    It is a good system if you are using their turret presses that have limited space between dies.

For me and my single stage presses the new rings have no value. I like my die nuts to have flats.

JM

Boolit Master
    I recently got some of the new lock rings I like them.

Boolit Buddy
    I think the new rings suck. I must have had my Wheaties when I tightened the die into the press as I had a struggle getting it out and guess what, I just couldn't throw the wrench on the die that I keep hanging below my press for Hornady lock rings or the RCBS lock ring wrench hanging with the other wrench.

Boolit Master

I don't like the lock rings either. They are just too easy to accidently turn and change your die setting. I much prefer, and have been changing my frequently used Lee dies to the Hornady lock rings too. Overall I'm very satisfied with Lee equipment. I've been using an original Lee turret press for over 30 years.

Boolit Master
    I don't like the lee lock rings with the o-ring either , that is the first thing that I throw away . I like the hornady or rcbs rings so much better, settings on the dies do not change .

USMC 77, USRA 79

i like these lock rings from Lee....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6-E0-CC50-E-0-CD6-4-B80-9624-AF4-AC1339-AA0.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	258283

i been thinking about ordering these guys, such purty colors... positive lock and position... just not sure they will work with my my classic turret press system... there is prolly an adapter or something needed... they just came out in the new lee catalog for 2020..

marko
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast