Titan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2Wideners
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee hand priming tool

Boolit Grand Master
    I had one that had an ungainly aluminum plate glued on where the handle should have been, but I just kept it until I stumbled on another one, incomplete but with a good handle. Took about five minutes to make a good one, and I still have a couple of odd parts around for the next broken one.

As for the "cult status" you mention, I actually discovered them long after they were discontinued, but it didn't take me long to recognize a good thing. At last count I think there were 6 or seven of them in the shop, along with a real hodge-podge of threaded shell holders. As I stated previously, for pistol and revolver cartridges, I've never found a priming tool I like better. (and I collect priming tools!)

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

After that first Lee hand primer Lee made a faster hand primer. One with a round primer tray, held a tray of primers, you could easily change from large primer size to small primer. They were the best. Then Lee came out with an improved design, one with a square tray. You could still switch from large to small primer size easily. These were the worst ever. I have a newer Lee bench mounted primer, not the greatest, you have to learn how to use it. The round one is the best, then the very first single primer model, mine came in a 6mm Rem deluxe target set, late 60's. Still have it. The pot metal dog bone link inside is a weak spot on all these.
    Never trade luck for skill.

Boolit Master
    Found more priming tools. See original post for pictures.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master

Here's the chart!

Hi all,
    I too have, and love the old Lee priming tool. Here's a card from an original shell holder that lists all the holders and what they're used for. Hope it helps.
    Ed

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Old Lee Shell Holders.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	258948

Boolit Grand Master
    Thanks, Ed. I have several of those cards around here somewhere, but it seems like every one of them is damaged in some way. I've got your jpeg in my archives now ~ MUCHAS GRACIAS!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12