Inline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tracfone

Moderator Emeritus

I use a we-boost 4g-x. Think it is that or real close. Put up a 43' cell tower. Went from basically nothing to 2 bars of 4g. Was good enough I ran my house internet off of it. When Frontier finally admitted I had service at my house, my Verizon cell internet was faster than their copper. I am rural with 81 acres in mountains. There is a Consumer Cellular tower about 5 miles away that I can't access due to mountains. I have to use a tower 53 miles away.

Boolit Mold
    You might want to try checking on line for Tracfone deals . I bought a smart phone from HSN for $65 1500 min talk 1500 text 1.5 gig of data 1 yr service and free shipping. I do not think you can get a better deal than that.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Which one? Wilson of semi antenna game makes a great booster
    This is the one I got.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    I have very marginal signal here at home, ranging from one bar to none. I recently put up a cell booster, and now get three bars pretty reliably.
    I did the same thing and it helped quite a bit. This spring ATT put up a tower on the next ridge over from us and now I get a full signal anywhere in the house. With the booster the farther from the living room you were the less it helped. I paid over $200 for it several years ago but now you can find good ones for <$50 on Amazon or eBay.

Once they turned the tower on here I unplugged our booster and put it in the closet.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Master

I have had a TracFone for over 10 yrs now and my wife also. Cost is $99/year with 800 minutes. My phone currently has about 4000+ minutes and my wifes over 5k. Just use for occasional calls and emergencies. Very happy with the service.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Master

fecmech,
    with all that time saved up you might as well follow Waksupi's advise and buy four 90 day cards and get 360 days for less than $80.

Boolit Master

Wife and I bout have one and the minutes just keep adding year after year.
    If your wife lost her minutes it is because she completely re registered, did not carry here registration forward.

Service for Trac Fone and ALL of the others is very spotty in this area.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    My wife and i use Consumer Cellular - I still have my flip phone which suits me fine - my wife has an android smart phone - with an AARPs discount, our bill is just under $56.00 a month (not separately but for the two of us combined). She doesn't use much data but there is data included in the plan as well as texting. We get excellent reception when we travel back and forth from MI to AZ - we've had it for a number of years now and it has been the best service we have ever had. She does more long distance calls than I do but neither of us worry about making them as the plan is more than ample to cover the use of our two phones. Plus . . . NO CONTRACT!

Boolit Grand Master
    What I'm looking at is to replace my phone and plan.
    tmoblie.
    Tracfon has a nice flip phone.
    I'm looking at their basic plan.
    No data needed. Don't plan to play on the net.
    I don't think the basic plan has rollover minutes.
    Doesn't really matter.
    I almost never use it anyway.
    Just looking for something cheaper.

Boolit Buddy
    I use Walmart Family Mobile which is Trac Fhone. I have very limited cell coverage at home so I use wi-fi calling.

Banned

weve had on for probably over 10 years. Only cell phone we have and its still a flip phone (you can get those fancy ones though) Only time I use it is when I go to camp or the wife goes out of town. Cost us a bit over a 100 bucks a year and minutes you buy and don't use can be rolled over.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    minutes you buy and don't use can be rolled over.
    That’s different then when we bought one for my dad (2007 or so) because we had to buy a new card every year even though he hardly used any of his minutes. That’s a much better deal that how it used to be.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Banned

I still have to buy a new card every year for around a 100 bucks but the unused minutes carry over. After about 10 years of this I probably have enough minutes to talk 24/7 for more then a year!

Boolit Master

I believe you have a 30 day grace period to renew your Tracfone service or, POOF, goodbye rollover minutes.

been using flip tracfones for years. today I ordered a smart phone from them for $40. chat sales guy assured me the minutes (600+) would transfer. I saved the chat log. I expect the minutes will transfer but there will not be any data included. so it will be a half-smart phone. still an improvement.
    got mold?

Boolit Grand Master
    Looking at he flip phone.
    Don't want to text, web surf, chat, listen to music, whatever.
    I don't even answer my cell phone.
    Might use the camera and clock.
    Just for basic emergency calls.

Banned

flip phone is all I use. Never sent a text in my life and don't even know how to take a picture with it. I don't even turn it on unless I want to make a call. People want to talk to me they can either leave a message on my home phone and MAYBE ill get back to them or get off there but and come over and physically talk to me. Wonder if actual speech will go away with evolution???
    Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    Looking at he flip phone.
    Don't want to text, web surf, chat, listen to music, whatever.
    I don't even answer my cell phone.
    Might use the camera and clock.
    Just for basic emergency calls.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    My Tracphone had koncked out on me, figured it was broke. Internet wasn't connecting. Bought a new one, no internet.

I went to Tracphone chat, and they told me I was out of data. Huh? What's that?

I found out you need to go in and shut down all the apps that run in the background on the phone. They drain the data. I bought another 2Gb of data for $10, so back in business.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12