Inline FabricationLoad DataReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: hybrid hype

Boolit Master

hybrid hype

Testing of pellets and slugs continue, I'm looking or accuracy first, power second......In a very accurate Daystate Regal the Hades .22 and Barracuda pellets are hole in hole accurate.....the new FX hybrid slugs group about 3 times larger, yes these are the $17/100 slugs. In the very powerful Seneca .22 the hades, barracudas, and esp. a home made bullet (cast .218") all group equally smaller than the FX slugs.
    A new HW90 in .25 is a new gun for me and is a monster gas ram, shot for the first time today grouped the H&N 20gr. FTT very nicely, I hope folks find this info interesting and may save some money on pellets.

MT: Is that gun a beast to cock? I have to cock my R1 with my right arm as I can't do it more than a few times with my left arm.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    Yes, I can't imagine a harder gun to cock, much harder than my other springers ie: TX200,HW97, HW95, but hits alot harder too.

Boolit Master
    Didn’t realize they still made the HW90, friend had one in 5mm way back. I kinda think those gimmick pellets are like fancy fishing lures, more to appeal to the fisherman than the fish. I have always found domed standard wt to slightly heavy pellets to be most accurate at distance. And accuracy is what it’s all about.
    On cocking, I have. Theoben Classic carbine, it has the same ram as the Beeman version of your HW90, yep don’t want to shoot a whole tin of pellets at one time! The R1 was easy by comparison, in fact that’s how I got it. Guy that brought it in from England hated cocking it.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos