Load DataRotoMetals2RepackboxReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee PrecisionWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JSB heavy jumbo 18.13 grain old grey label VS new red label differences?

I realize I’m resurrecting a zombie thread here, but in case the OP reads this I may be able to help. I have a MM barreled custom Marauder in .22 that used to love 18.1 JSB’s, until I got some new ones recently. Groups almost tripled in size. Turns out my pellet gage showed head sizes went from an ideal 5.52-5.53mm in the old batch to all over the place, from as high as 5.54 to below 5.47mm (off the pelletgage scale). Groups sucked. Decided to try Air Arms 18.1’s. Amazing. Head sizes across 8 tins we’re about 2/3 5.52mm with the rest 5.53mm. Groups shank back to tiny or smaller. Hope JSB gets their quality back under control, until then I’m only buying AA pellets.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Well I sent a picture of the old and new pallets to JSB back when I started this thread and ask them if they still had the old style pellets because the new ones now don’t group worth a darn. JSP was good enough to say the asked me if I wanted a sample pack sent to me I said sure why not! I wasn’t expecting that at all I just wanted to buy the old pellets. Well after months and months time I got a box yesterday in the mail with 10, 250 count packs of Diablo 5.52” 18.13 grains!!! To bad the6 don’t group worth the squat in my gun. When they said they would send a sample pack I figured they were going to send me one of those packs that had five different pellets in it to try. Thanks JSB!!! I just have to figure out what I’m gonna do a 10 packs of pellets I don’t shoot worth a darn in my gun.lol A lot of fun plinking I guess! Beggars can’t be choosers but I would’ve traded them all for one Or two 500 packs of the old style.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 06-28-2020 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Spelling JSB

3B: you'd bitch if they hung you with Bubba's Garage Door Rope!

They were free, just shoot them and smile. First Rule of Business: Don't look a Gift Horse in the Mouth!

You could come over and sand on my Jeep doors? That's almost fun.

Bring your gun maybe you can get that fricking Mocking Bird that has been harassing me!

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Lol...I would. I like doing body work! Yep I’ll be doing a lot of plinking with them. I drilled a nuisance squirrel the other day with the H&N terminators behind the front shoulder. It put a dime size entry hole and the pellet exited through the neck on the other side. I can’t believe I got a pass through.Approx 20 yards shot. The squirrel dropped where it stood! I get less carnage with 22lr. I’ll practice all summer with the JSB’s and order up some more terminators for fall hunting.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 06-28-2020 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Spelling

Hey wasn't that Squirrel protected by the Migratory Furby Treaty with the Fukowie Tribe? Or something else not fun!

I'm sanding on doors soon so you better leave quick.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12