WidenersLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

Thread: FYI: Rhineland Arms Enfield 45acp conversion kits in stock!

Boolit Buddy

FYI: Rhineland Arms Enfield 45acp conversion kits in stock!

I am not connected with Rhineland Arms in any way except for ordering two of these kits.

Late Sept/early Oct I contacted Rhineland for info to convert a Lee Enfield that I have. They told me new kits with up-graded mag adapter would soon be available. I've waited 6 months for these to get finished. I'm very excited about getting these kits. And now that I got mine ordered I thought I'd let other's know they are available.
    http://www.troupsystems.com/product/enfield-45-acp-kit/

The Lee Enfield conversion is easier to convert and get reliable feeding and extraction/ejection than the Mauser conversions. They also should be a great Cast Boolit gun too!

Photo courtesy of Rhineland Arms.

I have owned several British Enfield rifles over the years but traded them off long ago. Now they cost 5 times what I sold mine for.

Jedman

Boolit Buddy
    That hurts my eyes.... Although I do have one with a blown out barrel that shoots super high....

Boolit Buddy
    Jed,
    I hear ya.

This last one I picked up with a bunch of reloading gear which I sold most of it off and now have little into the rifle so there's that.

I bought another No4 just a few years before for only $75. It was sporterized so I converted it into a No5 Jungle Carbine clone. The conversion cost more than the rifle! It's a great shooter but my shoulder can't take the punishment of that little butt pad anymore. I sold it and got my money out of it. Though I still have the original butt and fore stock so all I need is just another action... no barrel or mag needed.

I’ve owned a few, but I might KEEP a nice Savage #4 - if I ever got one. That ship has probably sailed.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by djryan13 View Post
    That hurts my eyes.... Although I do have one with a blown out barrel that shoots super high....
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Mine is a sporterized late war No4 with the roughest machining I’ve ever seen. Two groove barrel is good and it came with a decent Savage magazine. If I can get the barrel unscrewed without much trouble I can sell it and the magazine and have even less into the conversion.
    Last edited by tbx-4; 03-04-2020 at 03:52 PM.

Boolit Master
    Brownells does sell a receiver/action wrench kit for the receiver and you could probably jury rig a piece of aluminum round stock to make the barrel bushing. Gunboards has pics of an original barrel bushing with the cutout for the knock's form on the top of the barrel. Silly as it may sound I made a barrel wrench out of a piece of 1" bar stock and the U shaped hanger from an exhaust pipe set with two holes drilled all the way through.I cut a piece of brass pipe that went over the knock's form. Slipped it on the top of the barrel. U shaped hangar went over that and screwed the hangar on tight. The bar stock was about 2' long. Whacked it with a 32 oz ball pein hammer and started to move. Couple more whacks and it got loose enough to turn out by hand. Crude but it worked. From what I've read about barrels on Lee Enfields some barrels are easier than others to unscrew. Frank

Boolit Buddy
    samari46,
    Yes, I've read some barrels are very tight and some are not so I'm planning for the worse and hoping for the best.
    I already have a big beefy barrel vice and just need to make an action wrench. If I can't get it loose then I know a retired gunsmith who can help. Still waiting on the kits to arrive.

Boolit Master
    Wish you luck on your project. I have a stripped down and polished #5 receiver that was given to me. Had the jungle carbine barrel and receiver and complete bolt. Cut the left sidewall down, clip guide removed. Cut a radius where the left side wall was cut down to prevent any stress risers. Now at a standstill. Either get one of the Rhineland 45 acp kits and use as a single shot, or get rebarreled to the 37 rimmed which is the 303 British case necked up to 375 caliber so's I can shoot 375 cast bullets. Frank