Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Inline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2Wideners
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: 32 h and r mag.

Boolit Mold

32 h and r mag.

I have access to a smith and Wesson 16-4 32 mag. 6 inch barrel. Shoots well but leads with any store bought lead bullet i have tried. I'd like to cast my own but not sure where to start. Suggestions?

Boolit Master
    Are you already casting bullets for anything? Do you have the Lyman cast bullet handbook either 3rd or 4th edition?

Mine really likes Ideal #3118 (same as Lyman #311008). No leading at all if they are sized to fit the cylinder, about .314".

Boolit Master

Oh... I want one so bad. I have 2 631's, but never have found a 16-4. Trade?

Boolit Grand Master

I shot a 6" S&W M16 extensively some years back along with a 4". Both did extremely well with cast bullets, especially sized at .314 and lubed with Javelina or other 50/50 lube. The 311008 and 311316(GC) both were excellent. The 313631 (a 100 gr GC SWC designed for the 32 H&R) was also excellent. The 311316 and 313631 both proved excellent with tier II magnum level loads. The 311008, the RCBS 98 gr SWC and the Lee TL 90 gr SWC proved excellent with standard 32 H&R loads. Other similar bullets should do as well, as long as they are .314 diameter.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Beamer View Post
    I have access to a smith and Wesson 16-4 32 mag. 6 inch barrel. Shoots well but leads with any store bought lead bullet i have tried. I'd like to cast my own but not sure where to start. Suggestions?
    Can you tell us a little more about these “store bought lead bullets” you tried? Weight, type of lead/hardness, lube and bullet diameter all enter into the mix when trying to find the right bullet, especially if you are going for a high performance load. Others have mentioned some good bullets, but size and lube must be considered.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master

Rcbs,makes a 98gr swc,,steller accuracy.

Boolit Master
    The RCBS 32--98 SWC did well in mine... As did the Lyman 311008.

Actually, mine shot everything well as long as they were no smaller than .313... They were still accurate when smaller in diameter, but they leaded more the smaller they were.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!