Titan ReloadingWidenersReloading EverythingLee Precision
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primer purchase help needed

Boolit Buddy
    Natchez sent out their daily email of deals and they have CCI primers, standard not magnums for $28.99 and $5 flat rate shipping. In my parts, anything under $30 is good.

Boolit Master

Midsouth has the unis ginis for fairly cheap , I use powder valley when the manufactures are running rebates , shows used to be full of them decent price not so much anymore , local shops have them so probably a tacoma seattle thing as they are bent on closing gun shops down , I buy in bulk to cut hazmat , could cut price even more if I could find others to go in on bulk buys , I do consider it getting low if I was down to 20 packs of a hundred as there will be more shortages , used to be I could find primers at a lot of stores same with reloading gear , now it is down to a few stores and not a lot of selection , good luck and there are sportsmans warehouse and cabelas tacoma area that should have primers .

I just got primers from cabelas last week, under $30.00 a brick for #400 CCI.

Moderator Emeritus

what about gunshows?

there is two this weekend. One south of him and one to the north.

Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Shows
    Southwest Washington Fairgrounds
    2555 N National Ave, Chehalis, WA

Lynden Classic Gun & Knife Show
    Northwest Washington Fair and Event Center
    1775 Front St, Lynden, WA
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    midsouth has the unis ginex small pistol primers on sale for 114.99 for 5000

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bbogue1 View Post
    In talking about this he's decided to allocate $80 to $85 per month to primer and powder purchases. After a 2 months he should have enough to stop buying monthly. He should have about 2,000 primers and 2 pounds of powder. If he shifts his purchases to, say, quarterly he can reduce expenses by waiting for sales. I

If I was a few states closer I could give him some of mine. I actually looked into shipping some to him and we found it was roughly the same price to buy them with either a reduced hazmat or reduced shipping. This is something I don't buy often so, I thought asking this great bank of knowledge would help. It has for sure.
    Yeah getting back up to a decent stock over time without spending a fortune in hazmat is tricky at best (as you know). The last big "primer haul" I found was actually at a gun show a few years back. Powder prices at the show were stupid. Most primer prices were stupid. Then I found a guy with NOS of Winchester Western Staynless Primers and got the buy of the decade. After a bit of haggling I got the primers for something like $10 per thousand because nobody else wanted to touch "old" primers, and he threw in a couple of partial boxes. Like I said, buy of the decade for me.

Other than that, I don't know if you have Academy sporting goods up there, but I've been told that some of them in Texas now carry primers. I haven't been out and about for while, so I'm not sure. Hope he finds a way to get what he needs, but since it isn't urgent urgent (that's what I was thinking when you said he had 20 left) then he should be able to get back to where he wants to be on supplies by playing the waiting game.

Anywho, again, God Bless and good hunting.

GoodOlBoy
    Yes I can be long winded. Yes I follow rabbit trails. Yes I admit when I am wrong. Your mileage may vary.

Keep your powder dry. Watch yer Top knot.

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"

Yes there were "Short" 45 Colts! http://www.leverguns.com/articles/taylor/45_short_colt.htm

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    Small rifle primers will work just fine.....
    Really? I didn't know that.

I had to go to Walmart today for a special request item for my daughter in Japan and I stopped by the reloading section. Before they went anti-gun, I used to buy most of my supplies there.

They had the CCI SPP marked to $1 per 100 since they even got rid of not only pistol ammo, but all reloading components for pistols, including bullets and primers. Jerks.

Unfortunately, they were all gone, but they had plenty of the small rifle primers.

I was at a Cabela's in Idaho yesterday and their prices on most everything were high retail. I didn't even look at primers.

Their powder selection was a joke...

Attachment 257929
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Buddy
    Looking like there may be a supply problem, the online site for Sportsmans two Spokane Wa stores shows CCI, Rem and Win spp's are $2.30-2.89/100 and slight savings on brick of 1000. But limited to 1-10 cards by brand and out of stock on all brick's. Supply, or run on buying like the 22lr's a few years back??? At least my supply is good at a brick+ of spp, lpp, srp, lrp, lrpm, 209's, and 109's if I ever find old shot shells that need them. Also have a selection of berdan sizes along with #10, #11 and musket caps.
    What is frustrating in any of the so called shortages of ether 22lr's or now maybe primers is that CCI is down the road south of me in Spokane and are friend Idaho45, in Lewiston, Id.
    Shaune509

The gun show this weekend in Centralia would be a good place to pick some up, honestly the best prices I've seen in person for reloading stuff has been at that show. Not a long drive from Tacoma.
    "Give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry ,March 23, 1775

Boolit Master

Ironic that the CCI/Speer plant is about 45 minutes south of me in Lewiston, but I find cheaper prices online than locally. I believe my nearest LGS has them for $3.99 per 100.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12