Lee PrecisionWidenersSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingRepackboxInline FabricationLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remington Model 8

Boolit Grand Master

Here the Lyman rear sight is $150 all by itself and the last * I sold in 35 Remington went for $700.00 In V good to excellent condition. Prices on these have been going up in the last few years.

Had a .35 with Stith mounts and all.
    Got it for wheel weights and it shot great.
    The scope mounting was so cumbersome for me being left eyed I sold it.

Boolit Master
    I've seen two in Maine in the last year (Cabela's and Kittery Trading Post). Each was selling for $800+. I have one, but if I didn't I would have grabbed one of the two.
    This is a good video. He also has a video that shows how to disassemble and assemble it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQxCTTq_Gwg

Quote Originally Posted by KCSO View Post
    Here the Lyman rear sight is $150 all by itself and the last * I sold in 35 Remington went for $700.00 In V good to excellent condition. Prices on these have been going up in the last few years.
    If you can find a Lyman 1A AT for a Model 8 for $150 I want to know where, 'cause I want it!!
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master
    I am more accumulator than collector, but I will not drill and tap a nice vintage rifle. But I will certainly buy one that someone else d&t. Frequently those 4 holes knock 100$ off the price, and I can stick a scope on it if I want. Last 141 I bought came with a 2 3/4 Redfield of 70s vintage mounted on a very nice prewar 35 Remington, for 350$,no one else even bid! Scope was in excellent condition and the gun cloverleafs at 50 yards. 200RCBS on RL7. The old Weaver mounts and rings are solid and I can remove and remount the scope with negligible zero shift, like less than 1/2 inch at 50 yards. You might find a nice 8 that someone “ruined” with a scope mount. Remington knew how to chamber and rifle a barrel in those days, every one I have shoots very well.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12