WidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataRepackboxTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I traded pots, help with the new one requested.

Throw a couple “kill shot” ingots in it to start the cooling process faster.

And put a fan on the whole pot, then maybe you wouldn’t need the cool down step which does seem like a silly design
    Last edited by Drew P; 03-03-2020 at 10:53 AM.

My SAECO pot of 40+ years finally died. Wife says go ahead, get a bottom pour pot, meaning the Lyman. I can lap the seat to reduce dripping - did valve work in the Navy. Not sure I want to invest that much money in a device, but she tells me I'd push her to upgrade if her current sewing machine died. Being retired doesn't make life easier.

Will say THANK YOU to everyone on this group of threads who pointed out the cool down cycle of the Easy-Pour. Was about ready to pull the trigger on one, now I'm back considering spending twice as much for the Lyman Mag 25.
    S - Submarine
    Q - Qualified
    U - Until
    I - I
    D - Die

Retired = every day feels like Saturday EXCEPT Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Drew P View Post
    Throw a couple “kill shot” ingots in it to start the cooling process faster.

And put a fan on the whole pot, then maybe you wouldn’t need the cool down step which does seem like a silly design
    You know sometimes the answer stares you in the face. That is a great idea. I'll give it a go and see what it changes. Thanks!
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Makes it easy. Just set it for four hours and walk away.
    I know this is a old dead thread, but THANKS! I just set up my Pro Melt 2, and as I realized the shut down procedure I was filling with dread. I regularly do short 1-2 hour casting sessions. This could be a real problem for me. This is a simple, easy, and cheap solution. Thank you.

Boolit Master
    I do short casting sessions too, but until now I was not tempted to a new bottom pour pot till seeing they are currently 30% off at m midway
    looking at RCBS web site they are an improved version, not sure exactly what that means. what I found crazy is on the web site they have a little video and when it ends its links to bunch of other videos, one I saw showed this guy making an absolute mess of his new bottom pour pot with all kids of crud he melted in it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12