Reloading EverythingLoad DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
Repackbox

Thread: Is Gator still doing gas checks?

Is Gator still doing gas checks?

I am about ready to do 2000 H&G #51's and will run a bit lower than I want to be on 35 caliber gas checks when I am done.
    Is Gator still doing them?
    I bought these many years ago and haven't needed any till now.
    Thanks.....
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master

As far as I know, yes. I think there are actually a couple of vendor/sponsors who sell them. So as not to show any favor to anyone I'll suggest looking in the vendor/sponsor section at the lower part of the board.
    Good Luck,
    Rick

I got an email yesterday from sage’s outdoors saying they just received a new shipment of gator gas checks. Apparently they were out of a number different sizes. Not anymore!
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Quote Originally Posted by RickinTN View Post
    As far as I know, yes. I think there are actually a couple of vendor/sponsors who sell them. So as not to show any favor to anyone I'll suggest looking in the vendor/sponsor section at the lower part of the board.
    Good Luck,
    Rick
    I did check the Vendor Sponsor section - no Gator, no gas checks.....that's why I posted here.
    Any suggestions or did I just not see it?
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master
    Sage's Outdoors

I've purchased from Sage's Outdoors a couple times. Great prices and quick shipment. I've got a couple different styles of checks they sell, both aluminum and copper, and all were a perfect fit and performed well.

Boolit Master

Yup just call SAGES!!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Quote Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
    Yup just call SAGES!!
    CW
    I checked them out and will order more.
    Many thanks,
    Donald

Sage's all the way! Thanks for the reminder.... I have to order a few more bags.

Boolit Master
    Doesn't another member here supply or use to supply gator checks ' Bammer ' possibly .

Boolit Master
    Blammer is his handle. There used to be a link to his gas check sales page but you have to Google it now.

NOE also sells Gator gas checks.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

He was a VS when the link was up. But must have decided not to renew. Blammer was very helpful when I got a Mehi 413640 that needed 416 checks instead of the standard Hornady 41's. I think you can PM him and he can get you a link to his store.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Gator's Gas Checks

It was a nice quiet and cold Sunday in NH, and I started sizing/lubing/gc'ing my #51's in the former barn horse stall now casting and reloading man-cave.
    I had a bunch of old lyman/Ideal gas checks from who knows when and where. All this label said was "Old Lyman/Ideal Gas Checks - 35 cal". I thought I would use these up first then go with Gators' checks.
    I fired up the room heater and the Star heater and tended to the house wood stove duties while they warmed.
    When the production line started, I found the Lyman gas checks were tight fits and did not always seat with finger pressure. Sometimes I had to seat them first lightly with the punch then go the full stroke on the Star. These Lymans were a pain to use and only about 1 out of 10 would actually seat fully with finger pressure.
    I decided to change to the Gators and took them from a bag marked "5K Gator 35 cal gas checks - group buy - 03/07." I guess I have been here for while.
    The Gators ALL sat right down on the shank. and most of them made a little "pop" when they full seated with finger pressure.Once run through the die and lubed and the gas check crimped, they turned into very nice hand cast crafted bullets ready for reloading.
    Gator's checks are so much better and consistent that I decided to take all the Lyman/Ideal checks and put them into the "Use only in case of SHTF" category.
    I will definitely order more Gators when this run of 2000 is done.
    Can never have too many components in inventory, no?
    Last edited by FISH4BUGS; 03-01-2020 at 08:43 PM.

I seen NOE have them on there site. I had got my from the man himself some years ago and made one big order from him. Got a discount at the time for the large amount. Now if I need them I will go with NOE since I deal with him on molds and got a GC expander for 22 cal.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Buddy
    I just recently received 1,000 8 mm gas checks from Sage's and they were a perfect fit to the bases of two different 8 mm cast bullets. The price was right and shipping was extremely fast. I would highly recommend Sage to anyone looking for quality gas checks at a decent price.

Boolit Man
    I just purchased 1000 each of gater 35, aluminum 30, and copper 45s from sages. Great fit and prices!