RepackboxRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading Everything
WidenersLoad DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky

Thread: Heads up for 327 federal shooters

Boolit Grand Master

Heads up for 327 federal shooters

MidwayUSA got new 327 federal brass in stock. I'm sorry to say I bought all 2000 cases of Federal premium brand that they had. If you get on the backorder, they will have more in just 2-3 weeks. More importantly they still have Hornady brand, and for only $20.70 per 100 cases! That is significantly less than Starline!

Now some of you know my trouble with Starline brass, it just plain is not very good. I had originally bought about 500 cases, then later got over 1000 more from another member here. All had problems with neck tension and case splitting. I contacted Starline, and they nicely replaced all my brass with another batch. Unfortunately this batch was just as bad. I found a system to stop case splitting, but the only solution I've found for the neck tension/annealing problems is to sort by how hard they expand. This still wasn't 100%, because I could still feel it when seating bullets.

Well I bought all new Federal brand cases, and they are so much better. I was able to expand them using the NOE expander dies, no sticking, and all consistent! Not only that, The cases are 1.195", compared to Starline 1.180". Not a huge deal, but it is nice to at least be within specs.

I've never used Hornady 327 brass, but it sure seems nice in other calibers.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the heads up on the brass.

Boolit Grand Master

Another find. Brownells has both Federal and Hornady brass in stock. With the 5% discount, it is about the same price as Midway.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    Another find. Brownells has both Federal and Hornady brass in stock. With the 5% discount, it is about the same price as Midway.
    5% discount? Tell me more.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    5% discount? Tell me more.
    I guess that's past. They have a different discount every few days. Today they have free shipping, code XAB.