Load DataTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading Everything
WidenersPBcastcoInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: Another 9mm Mystery Headstamp Thread

Another 9mm Mystery Headstamp Thread

Here comes another 9mm mystery headstamp. I consulted the great Google and couldnt seem to find this one at all.

Does anyone here have a clue where these are from?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200227_080323.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	257541

These little buggers were giving me some trouble last evening when they made it to the press. The primer hole on most of them is not centered and a little small, but its close enough to center that the decap pin on my Redding die would make it into the hole and pop the primer out. But then the pin would get stuck in the hole and the pin would pull out of the die.

Yes, I should have gone back and sorted my brass again. But I honestly did not want to have to sort 3000 9mm cases for a second time. For the 7 or 8 of these that popped up in that batch of brass I think I saved a bit of time compared to sorting everything again.

Some of the brass in the batch I processed is from the 70s and 80s if that helps. I bought out an older gentlemans reloading supplies that he hadnt used since the early 90s. So I am assuming the "88" on the headstamp means it was produced in 1988.

The red around the primer pocket is just primer sealant. There wasnt a crimp holding in the primers.

Prvi Partizan, the nnY looking letter are cyrillic letters for "PPU". 9mm is one of the rounds where if the case gives me issues I'll toss it and move on.

Thanks!

I was thinking the letters were cyrillic so that makes sense. The two in the picture I saved just to post and ask what they were. The other ones have already made their way to the scrap bucket.

Boolit Master
    I had a bunch of 45 acp pmc with the offset flash hole. Into the scrap barrel they went. I won't use pmc brass now.

Boolit Buddy
    Thats correct I used to be fluent in Russian at one point and i still remember cyrillic. That П is a P and Y is read as U so it reads PPU or Први Партизан

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    nny rvi Partizan-Namenska Proizvodnja, Titovo, Uzice 31000, Yugoslavia. These are actually Cyrillic letters equal to "PPU in the Western alphabet.
    Regards
    John