Lee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersReloading EverythingPBcastcoRotoMetals2
Load Data Repackbox

Thread: Sig 220 Crimson Trace grips.

Boolit Buddy

Sig 220 Crimson Trace grips.

I bought some used ones at a very good price, but without instructions. The seller included two thin, filmy plastic inserts that fit inside the grips. He said they were intended to protect the twin batteries, but I found it vexing to position them and seat the grip screws. I tried some YouTube videos, they showed the grips being installed with the inserts. Is that what these things are meant for, to protect the batteries from contacting each other? Will the absence of them degrade battery life?

Boolit Master
    I have CT laser grips on two different J-frames (one is first generation), LCR, Browning HP and a CA Bulldog. Never ran across the inserts you refer to. You might want to contact CT and ask their tech's. While your at it, ask for an instruction sheet. I have them on a whole host of metal frames and never had an issue with battery life or shorting out the circuitry. The first generation J-frame grips batteries always fall out whenever I remove the grips for cleaning...............which CT recommends in their instructions. IMO, CT grips are the cat's meow.

Winelover