MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationLoad DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pan for press

Boolit Buddy
    I've never messed with a cookie sheet under my Mec presses, seems like a waste of a good cookie sheet especially since shot bounces real well on a cookie sheet so most of the shot dropped from any height will just bounce out. You are going to have a few messes to start out with but nothing a small shop vac won't clean up fast. Biggest issue with a messed up powder or shot drop is cleaning the press shell plate so it doesn't get bound up and a vacuum cleaner of some type works great to suck the offending mess off the shell plate. All I see a cookie sheet doing is taking up valuable bench space close to the loader where my scale sets.

Moderator Emeritus

I have heard vacuum and powder don't play well together. Never experienced it myself. You would be surprised how much the cookie sheet catches.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    If I remember correctly, I drilled a small hole in one corner so I could just brush the shot out vs trying to pick it up.
    The pan I use is roughly 12 x 18". I mounted it so that the front hangs over the edge of the bench 2-3", the hole sawed about a 3/4" hole in one front corner. Hardware store has various sized tapered rubber plugs. I jam the correct sized one in the hole until I' ready to clean up, at which time I use an old credit card to squeegee everything to the hole and into a small can I hold underneath.
    Literacy should not be considered optional in computer based communication.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12