RotoMetals2RepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingWidenersReloading EverythingLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication

Thread: Anyone know if Veral Smith at LBT moulds is ok?

Boolit Bub

Anyone know if Veral Smith at LBT moulds is ok?

I sent out for one of Veral’s moulds a little over a month ago. I still haven’t heard anything, I’ve called once and sent an email about once every 2 weeks, I’m not trying to pester/bother a busy man but I was hoping for at least a confirmation that he got my money order. I had contact with him via email a week or so prior to me sending the order. Any help would be very appreciated, thanks.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyboy View Post
    I sent out for one of Veral’s moulds a little over a month ago. I still haven’t heard anything, I’ve called once and sent an email about once every 2 weeks, I’m not trying to pester/bother a busy man but I was hoping for at least a confirmation that he got my money order. I had contact with him via email a week or so prior to me sending the order. Any help would be very appreciated, thanks.
    after a month from cashing my check for lube and countless calls and emails I finally got a email from him 2 days ago. he said he has had some problems but is now back at it.he never said what those problems were.i emailed him asking when it would ship and of course zero response. once I get my stuff shipped im done with him. if you order a mould consider it a donation cuz you will never get it.

Boolit Bub
    Great....Money is tight since I have a newborn so a mould is like a month of “play money”! Hence the reason I cast anyway, plus I just really enjoy it!!
    Last edited by Heyboy; 02-26-2020 at 09:03 AM.

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    As I recall , Veral is into his seventies now . A year or so back I bought some lube from him and it took more than a week to arrive but I've bought from him for years and he has always done me right . Being and "old guy" myself I know what the term "some problems" can mean so I try to be patient .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Buddy
    Yes he is in his mid seventies and a one man shop. The last mold I ordered took several months to get it, but I did get it. He is also not good at replying to emails or phone calls. If I were to need another of his molds/bullet designs I would place an order and be patient to get it. If you are not in a place to wait, cancel the order and look at other mold makers as there are several that are great.

Boolit Bub
    Just got 3 emails from Veral, he said he finished cutting all the 10mm moulds this week and he’s mailing mine out either today or Monday. I’m patient, I didn’t bother him much, 2 emails in 6 weeks and only one phone call. I was just worried about him since he usually answered me back within a week or two prior to me placing my order. I’ve been looking around researching different moulds and was looking forward to using one of his designs. Now it looks like I will, all is well. I’ll order again from him knowing I’ll eventually get it.

Boolit Buddy
    So what mold/design did you order?

Boolit Bub
    The mould showed up today!! It’s a 10mm WFN 2 cavity 180 grain with one GC and one PB. Very well made. I’m trying to figure out how to post pictures.

Boolit Bub
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C56FF38F-149C-4183-8F91-80CF74A6F80B.jpeg 
Views:	54 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	258107

Boolit Bub
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E271F09E-7E46-491F-8CEC-3E31CD540592.jpeg 
Views:	33 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	258108

Boolit Buddy
    Very cool, can't wait to hear how they shoot.

Boolit Mold
    All I can say is "I'm happy for you, Heyboy"!
    In April of 2018 I made initial contact with Veral asking if he was able to supply items to me at an overseas address. He replied that he could, quoted a price inclusive of pack & post, and confirmed that he would supply me with a tracking number once he had received the funds and dispatched the goods.
    $278 money order sent and confirmed received by both he and WU.
    Since then - zip, nada, nothing.
    As has been alluded to, he is one of us "old guys", but my patience finally wore out so I emailed him from a different address inquiring if his revised book was available yet. A very timely response, within a few days, replied in the affirmative. So at that time he was still in business and answering emails, to somebody with whom he hadn't dealt with before. Same person (me) but different contact details.
    That communication was followed by a request, from the real me, for an update on my outstanding order. You guessed it - silence.
    After many emails trying to get a reply I gave up and handed all details to BBB (Better Business Bureau) A month has passed, and not even they can get a response or an answer.
    I believe that his business is operated under the name of F.I.G. Enterprise, or something like that. F.I.G. = Faith in God. Yeh, right. Maybe he does, but I'm really not so sure.
    To all you other folk who have ordered - Good Luck

Boolit Bub
    I got some cast over the weekend. Beautiful boolits! Dropped at exactly .401 as he said it would with WW. My problem now is finding a GC that fits. The shank is .378 and the copper gator GCs are .368. Need help guys in finding or having a GC maker made.

Built a new rifle rack yesterday and today, yeh, got some of those "problems" .

Hope Veral is doing OK. In '90 he made me a .33 WFN mold for a 1892 French officers revolver. Reckon that coulda been a first for him.

Boolit Master

Congratulations on the new mold!

I have two of Veral's 4 cavity 10mm molds. The most recent was purchased last summer. A little less than 2 months from check in the mail to mold in the mailbox. A little bit painful, but dang it I love my LBT molds.

I might order one more in 357 while I can.

Here is a 401-175-TC. This is my everyday range bullet in 10mm and 40 SW.

This one is a 402-200-WFN. One cavity is cut with a GC

The GC shank is also .378. I have been using these checks that I purchased from NOE. I think NOE lists them as 40/41 Cal. They are snug but work.

"There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something."
    ~Thorin Oakenshield

Boolit Bub
    The 41 caliber gator GCs work perfect on the LBT .40 cal mould. Got some loaded but trying to get a nice day to shoot for accuracy. Trying 11.7 grains of A9 to start. Had to put a little more taper crimp to get them to chamber.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Heyboy View Post
    The 41 caliber gator GCs work perfect on the LBT .40 cal mould. Got some loaded but trying to get a nice day to shoot for accuracy. Trying 11.7 grains of A9 to start. Had to put a little more taper crimp to get them to chamber.
    That should be a sensible place to start. My pet full power load for the 200 gr LBT WFN is a bit higher than that still. The thing I like about Accurat No. 9 in a 10mm case is that you'd habe to work really hard to get enough of it into a case to bend anything.

Congratulations on the new mold. It looks beautiful!
    "There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something."
    ~Thorin Oakenshield