MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWidenersLee Precision
Reloading EverythingLoad DataSnyders JerkyRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: USPS Lost 60lbs of Lead - Suggestions?

Boolit Buddy
    Still waiting for 2 boxes of lead to be delivered to members here. Monday will mark 2 weeks since mailed. Horrible service.

Boolit Master

There is no reason for loose bullets to be escaping your box if you had put them in a Tyvek bag, free from the USPS. If you can't drop the box from the roof of you house withouttit breaking then it isn't good enough.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    I once had a pistol from a GunBroker sale which was shipped Priority Mail and "lost" on the way to my FFL dealer. The post office gave their usual song and dance about 30 days. The dealer knew exactly what do and "took no prisoners."

He copied the "bedbug" letter received from USPS along with the tracking number and receipt to the local ATF field office and filed a report of "theft of firearm from Interstate shipment." He then sent a copy of the ATF report to the Postal Inspection Service by certified mail, requiring a return receipt with signature.

The gun which had been "lost in the system" was delivered the next day after the Postal Inspector received the ATF notice.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Mold
    Have had UPS deliver various items over the years to complete wrong addresses on different streets and even to different towns., dump them in the snow so you don't find them for months and loose stuff, just because they Can. All you can do is File a Claim with them and they will pay whatever you insured it for. When it Absolutly, Postutly must maybe get there sometime, maybe.

Boolit Buddy
    Mystery solved. 2nd of 2 boxes mailed on Monday, 3/2 was delivered today, Thursday 3/19. 17 days for a 3 day Priority Flat Rate box. I've had my local Postmaster hound dogging this and she has emailed people from here to kingdom come and can give no logical explanation for the slow delivery. The way the USPS has designed it's network, it is impossible for anyone to contact anyone at a distribution center unless you know them personally. It is engineered to be a black box process.

For anyone mailing heavy stuff via USPS, delivery times up to 3 weeks should be accepted as OK, because the shipper has no control over their performance.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    I once had a pistol from a GunBroker sale which was shipped Priority Mail and "lost" on the way to my FFL dealer. The post office gave their usual song and dance about 30 days. The dealer knew exactly what do and "took no prisoners."

He copied the "bedbug" letter received from USPS along with the tracking number and receipt to the local ATF field office and filed a report of "theft of firearm from Interstate shipment." He then sent a copy of the ATF report to the Postal Inspection Service by certified mail, requiring a return receipt with signature.

The gun which had been "lost in the system" was delivered the next day after the Postal Inspector received the ATF notice.
    had the same thing happen on a gun sale with a member here. USPS Lost it.
    As soon as I was aware it was not delivered I when straight to the postmaster in our town. Got the same you have to wait 30 days ( this was on a Friday).
    I told her standing at the counter I am an FFL dealer and am required to call the local police plus the ATF and report the stolen firearm.. She huffed and walked off . I stood right there dialed the local police. Told them I would be by in 10 minutes to file the report and would be faxing a report to the ATF within the hr .. Low and behold on SATURDAY at about 2 PM the Firearm was delivered to the ending FFL holder and tracking showed it traveled and was scanned in 3 states THAT day. Somebody lying somewhere and someone did a CYA on the tracking
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master

Glad ya got it finaly!!

Nearly same story on two diff ones the “lost”. Buggers took a merry trip around our great country!!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	076.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	258826

UPS doesn't care either
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master
    UPS= Uncaring Parcel Service.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123