Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackboxInline Fabrication
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee Precision
RotoMetals2
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: I know that most of us here are Theists

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sharps4590 View Post
    Which goes directly back to what I said on page 1. Whether knowingly or admittedly you have set yourself up as your own god. You have decided what you will believe, you aren't guided by anything other than the "hodge podge" mentioned by Blackwater. You ARE cherry picking any and everything to do with Christianity. You say you believe in God yet you demand that He meet your requirements, not the other way around.

There's been a lot of flat out lying about the Bible on this thread by those who think as the Muslims do, that it's been corrupted. Spurious sources have been mentioned to attempt to disprove the accuracy of the Bible. It's amusing that the more archaeology tries to disprove it, the more it is proven by archaeology.
    I don't "demand that He (God) meet your (my) requirements" I tailor my beliefs according to the evidence. Oh, why do you refer to God as he. God is God, I don't expect that gender is appropriate.

What spurious sources are you talking about? Please be specific. Archaeology does not try to disprove the Bible? Archaeology is a science, its goal it to explore for the truth. Do you believe that Archaeologist are out to disprove the Bible? I would guess that a lot of Archaeologists are Christians.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post

He has openly admitted that he is here trying to convert folks. That makes him a false prophet. This is a family site so why is it that he is given a soapbox to preach from? You cant curse or have a link with cursing in it. I find it ironic.
    That is right I am trying to get more people to focus on doing good things here on Earth while they are alive instead of just thinking that believing in Jesus and praying more is more important than doing good works and not sinning. What do you think I am doing that is not appropriate for a family site.

How do you know I am a false prophet? God put me here. How do you know my message is not God's message?

Don't you think calling me a "false prophet" is an insult. Do you know what the rules say about insulting other forum members?

Tim

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    Oh, I think - in fact I know - you believe in A god but you obviously don't believe in God.

Not intending to be offensive to anyone but to say it straight out, I am a Bible trusting Christian who can readily understand how/why you came to reject the institution of the Roman Catholic Church and, from that, how you also came to reject Christianity but that's not a rational extension; the RCC is a religion all its own and simply does not accurately represent true and Biblical Christianity.

The sooner you accept the reality of the disconnect between the RCC and Christianity (and completely turn loose the understandable spiritual disappointments of your past) the sooner you can stop trying to invent an acceptable god and religion in your own image and actually seek God.
    You don't seem to understand that there is only one God. The God who created the Universe. You should consider thinking about God and Religion as two separate things. I am not trying to create a religion. Have you once seen me say please join my new religion. I am saying change your ways and focus on doing more good. That you choose to worship God in a different way than I do or than others do does not change God. It only changes the way you practice your worship. I am not inventing God, I am rejecting a religious belief, like you have rejected Islam or Roman Catholic Christianity. I am rejecting religion in general. Religions separate people into groups and cause strife and elitism. I am rejecting all of Christianity, the Reformation did not correct much of the problems with Christianity. I reject the idea that sins can be forgive by any other means than restitution. Even punishment does not create forgiveness only by repairing the damage can you achieve forgiveness. Punishment might be vengeance and does not lead to forgiveness. If punishing someone gives you satisfaction then something is wrong with you. Punishment can be proper as it may cause deterrence and prevent worse wrongs but you should not feel good about punishing anyone.

Tim
    Last edited by dtknowles; 04-08-2020 at 02:27 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post

He has openly admitted that he is here trying to convert folks. That makes him a false prophet. This is a family site so why is it that he is given a soapbox to preach from? You cant curse or have a link with cursing in it. I find it ironic.
    I don't curse (use words that the site prohibits.) You actual can curse on this site if you don't use bad words. Kind of depends on your meaning for the word curse. I admit to trying to get people to change their behavior but I never said that they should not go to the church of their choice. A lot of people here have tried to convert me.

How come you complain about me trying to convert others but you don't complain when others try to convert me?

Tim

Moderator Emeritus

In answer to the original question, regardiing how God intervenes in this world, I personally don't think it matters "how" He does it. I doubt we even have the ability to perceive HOW He does it. All that matters, really, is that He DOES indeed intervene in this world. The Bible speaks of many interventions, and those who can't or won't see them today, are simply determined not to see them. I've seen actual miracles before. Truly, He intervenes MUCH more than we realize He does. We're just so often blinded to it because our focus lies elsewhere. But it's there, if only we'll allow ourselves to see it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345