Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Load Data Wideners

Thread: Money bullet for the 40-65

Boolit Mold

Money bullet for the 40-65

Hello all, I am working up black powder loads for my Pedersoli sharps in 40-65 cal. So far 52 gr. of Goex FF and a .O30 vegetable wad under a 400 gr. 410” Dia. Snover bullet purchased from Montana bullets have given good results but I am trying to find a Money bullet design in 410” Dia. And see how it performs before I buy a mold for either. BACO molds make a money bullet mold /and a Snover design but there again I want to buy 50 bullets to test from someone before I pay $165.00 for the mold. I checked with Montana bullets and they don’t have it, does anybody know of where I might run down 50-100 of the bullets to test? If any of you guys mold this bullet in this design and size I would be happy to purchase them from you. Thanks for any help! Olfarmer

Boolit Grand Master

Ive been shooting 3 bullets in my cpa 40-65 for bpcr silhouette.1 is the 400 grn Nasa from a mould made by old west moulds ( Bernie Roweles) his bullet does very well and is accurate out to 500 yds for me. 2nd is the 400 grn Lyman snoover, this is a Lyman mould and does almost as well as the nasa. Last id a 425 grn paper patched that does very well. I cast these from 20-1 and pan lube with SPG or emmerts improved. The nasa is one lube groove is easy to cast has a good BC. it will seat a little farther out if needed. THe Baco is also a good BC and with seth cole paper fits the bore snugly.

If you can get Olde Ensforde or Swiss powders give 1 1/2 and 2f a try My rifle likes 1 1/2 f OE with rem large rifle primers. Om using a .060 napa rubber fiber wad with 2 tracing paper wads.

Boolit Mold
    Howdy CG, thanks for the information, I tried both olde Ens.in 2f and Swiss in 2f behind the Snover 400 gr. And surprisingly the Goex in 2f shot a far better group than either, go figure. will pick up some Olde Ens. In 11/2 and give it a try, the Nasa sounds interesting, do you know of any bullet makers that sell that design? Again thanks for sharing your favorite loads! Olfarmer

Boolit Grand Master

Olfarmer, I timed up with the new garage and shop room right now. Electrician started yesterday and went as far as he could with what we have. That and its still pretty cold out for me to be out any length of time. But in a few weeks it should warm up and things slow down some, I can fire up the pot and make a run of 100 of them for you.

Boolit Mold
    That is a great offer and I sure appreciate it! I will see if I can pm you with my contact information. Thanks so much CG. Olfarmer

Boolit Mold
    Sent you a pm!