Lee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2Repackbox
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: APP press + 4 tube case feeder

Boolit Master

APP press + 4 tube case feeder

Any one adapted the 4 tube case feeder use on the APP ?
    How did you set yours up ?
    I have mine working well with some older 4 tube case feeder parts I had on hand.
    Wondering how you might have set yours up.

Boolit Master
    Not much to adapt it. Me thinks they were designed for such.

Got mine set up that way and have another on order for my other presses so I don't have to do as much changing/adjusting.
    "What makes you think I care" ........High Plains Drifter

Rick C.

Boolit Buddy
    My APP just got delivered - once I get it setup then I'll assess the needs for mods.
    Have quite a few for my LoadMaster, including a full 3d model for the old style 4 tube adapter updated to properly drop small cases like 9mm/380.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hpdrifter View Post
    Not much to adapt it. Me thinks they were designed for such.

Got mine set up that way and have another on order for my other presses so I don't have to do as much changing/adjusting.
    That is what I was wondering about I am still using one I kept from my 30 year old 1000 and it is made differently than the new ones and was to bulky for the case slider spring to clear the side of it.
    I was thinking they have had 3 versions but am not sure.

Boolit Buddy
    Press cam in today - only got a little over an hour to set it up and test
    Definitely worth the $78 but there are a few places were a couple of tweaks will work wonders.
    I've already designs and printed an offset bottle adapter so that the press can be mounted securely and be able to use a 1lb powder bottle to collect.
    Next will be a hose adapter to hook up 1" ID hose from HD so that I can just have bullets/cases just drop into a bucket on the floor.
    C
    The two position tube brackets get hit by the spring when sizing short bullets. I'll model up single tube models along with threaded spacers so that you can have feeders setup for each caliber/length and not have to deal with the two opposing nuts to adjust.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pastera View Post
    Definitely worth the $78 but there are a few places were a couple of tweaks will work wonders.
    I've already designs and printed an offset bottle adapter so that the press can be mounted securely and be able to use a 1lb powder bottle to collect.
    Next will be a hose adapter to hook up 1" ID hose from HD so that I can just have bullets/cases just drop into a bucket on the floor.
    C
    The two position tube brackets get hit by the spring when sizing short bullets. I'll model up single tube models along with threaded spacers so that you can have feeders setup for each caliber/length and not have to deal with the two opposing nuts to adjust.
    Sounds like you have some good ideas !
    I was thinking that a rimed tube you could drop through the bracket from the top with the ID sized for the different cases or bullets would eliminate having to remove the bracket from the press you would just remove the bullet / case clear feeder tube push up and out the rimmed tube and drop in the size you need .
    The rimmed tubes could be made a variety of lengths for different cases/bullets and you would not need to adjust the bracket when changing over . Just a thought.

Boolit Buddy

Not sure why this didn't post earlier but finished modeling up the tube feeder brackets. Have all four modeled up in Fusion 360. Also did an scad script to make spacers based on bullet length so there is no need to mess with adjusting nuts every time.
    Last edited by pastera; 03-03-2020 at 11:28 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by onelight View Post
    Sounds like you have some good ideas !
    I was thinking that a rimed tube you could drop through the bracket from the top with the ID sized for the different cases or bullets would eliminate having to remove the bracket from the press you would just remove the bullet / case clear feeder tube push up and out the rimmed tube and drop in the size you need .
    The rimmed tubes could be made a variety of lengths for different cases/bullets and you would not need to adjust the bracket when changing over . Just a thought.
    Good idea on the inserts - will work on that tomorrow or Thursday and post some images and stl files

Boolit Master
    I look forward to seeing what you work out.

Boolit Buddy
    Done:
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4201779

Will work out a single base with inserts for each tube size - just have to work out how to fit it and have it lock in securely
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	390_Feeder.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	257979
    Last edited by pastera; 03-04-2020 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Add Photo

Boolit Master
    cut up the multi-base
    pic stolen from here:
    https://www.thehighroad.org/index.ph...#post-11371246
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cutup.jpg  
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Boolit Master
    Done:

Will work out a single base with inserts for each tube size - just have to work out how to fit it and have it lock in securely

Wow that turned out great and fast.
    If you made the inserts all with same od one that is thick enough to have the id fit the largest rim you would feed
    You could use the same od and bracket for all cases and then adjust the id and length for different cases.
    Depending on the depth of the hole in the bracket that you put the insert in it may need nothing but the rim on the insert to retain it when dropped in from the top it would also have the feed tube sitting on it.
    Since you can't feed cases larger than the clear plastic tubes , the thick inserts would allow you to taper the inside of the insert like a funnel to guide the cases smaller than the clear tube into the insert.

Boolit Master
    Done:

If you made the inserts all with same od one that is thick enough to have the id fit the largest rim you would feed
    You could use the same od and bracket for all cases and then adjust the id and length for different cases.
    Depending on the depth of the hole in the bracket that you put the insert in it may need nothing but the rim on the insert to retain it when dropped in from the top it would also have the feed tube sitting on it.
    Since you can't feed cases larger than the clear plastic tubes , the thick inserts would allow you to taper the inside of the insert like a funnel to guide the cases smaller than the clear tube into the insert.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by onelight View Post
    The Pic is a ray trace of the model - the actual parts look good but not THAT good. I wish I could broach a hex and anodize like that.