Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Wideners
Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackboxInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Many Cast Bullets are in Your Inventory

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance

How Many Cast Bullets are in Your Inventory

Am in the process of updating the cast bullet inventory since May 2012 for all the calibers in the safes .
    With more to go, the count is 12,877
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master
    im probably in the minority as I make 50 or so test em shoot em whatever, then I make 50 more. im never convinced I like something in particular enough to make a lot of them. id find out I want a different alloy or something and wasted my time making them all. also im not a person that "practices" I usually just test things for fun

I'm about to move from one home to another so it's easier to keep it in ingot form at this point. I've been loading up various stragglers in the inventory just to get them out of little bins. I had about 500 .45 LC that came in handy as I break in a new Blackhawk flattop convertible. Then I found another container full of those pesky 255 SWCs lol.

I have no idea and I am not going to count them. Got to be several thousand easily.

Banned
    A few

Last edited by Conditor22; 02-25-2020 at 04:52 PM.

Boolit Master
    Tens of thousands. When I get bored, I cast bullets.

Don
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Master

Cast? or cast and loaded? Most of my cast IS loaded, so after counting cases of ammo (roughly estimating I have ammo at both houses) 5K 9mm, 2k 38 Sp., 500 357 M, 250 44 M (wife's new cartridge) 500 41 M, 2k 45 ACP, 500 45 Colt, 2k 223, 1k 300 BO, 300 7.62x51 (newest rifle) and 200 30-06 Spr.

Mind you, multiply by 2 as I have pretty much kept both houses evenly stocked. I have lots of empties to top off, waiting on Baseball season, during which I listen while casting. That is probably 2 coffee cans of 45 ACP and 223, and a 5 gallon bucket of 38 Sp. I cast, powder coat, and load as I go. Is it excessive? Depends on what folks consider OCD. Just know that when it comes to 223, 9mm, 38, and 300 BO, I have also cast and loaded the same numbers with/for my brother. He loads his own 308 and 30-06.

As a rough guess, I have cast, loaded, and stockpiled enough ammo in the past 10 years my brother thinks we may have shifted the Earth's rotational axis due to the concentration of the weight involved. Running out on a good day at the range with friends is never a worry. Heck, 4 of us went to the range one day, all shooting 38s. Try as we could, we were not successful in emptying a 5 gallon bucket full of loaded 38s. We stopped shooting when we ran out of iced tea and pop.

Dang it, I do have a coffee can of 454 RB cast, 10 lbs of 69 RB cast, 10 lbs of 223 cast, and I think a coffee can of 125 RN I shoot in 9mm and 38. I am also reminded that a friend wants me to bring the gear to cast, powder coat and load 3k of 38s with the Lee 358-125 RF. He's buying the lead, and he keeps the boolits, so I guess that doesn't count. What does count is he's BBQing the tri-tip.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

I do not count them I just cast what I need and go from there. Oh I need to get more casting done. Just to think of it.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Buddy
    No idea but just finished adding over 50 lbs of 38-250 and 45-200 to the pile the last two days.

Boolit Master

Around 700 lbs worth.

I too cast when I get bored.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

Ain't gonna bother to do an exact count but total is somewhere well in excess of 12K...and that doesn't count loaded ammo!! Normally, I like to keep, as least 400-500 for each of the long-guns and 1K for boolits used in multiple loadings i.e. .308/.30-06) and 750-1000 each for .357/.38, 9mm, .44Mag/Spl, and .45ACP.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Master

Yup a few here too. (This is just what’s bottled and was still adding to the shelf.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51877E80-9D28-4F60-A58B-66AB138FA0A6.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	257448

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Its enough that I have to keep counter weights on the other side of the garage.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

I have no idea. I do know that my inventory of H&G 68's is way down. Can't be more than 100-150. I'm not going to load any more .45ACP until I cast up a couple of thousand. I've got 2 of Miha's brass clones and the first aluminum H&G68 aluminum 6 cavity. Did I mention that this is my favorite .45 Auto boolit?

The aluminum mold was slightly out of round and for some reason I didn't use it beyond a test run. Don't remember how it shot. I'm going to cast several this time and keep the aluminum mold boolits separate. Hope I can shoot well enough to see if there is a difference.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Grand Master

I'm another that has no idea. Between the load ammo, the bullets that are lubed and the unlubed bullets, I have no clue. It would be easier to say how many jugs full.

No idea! With 120 boolit moulds and 78 loading dies sets. I guess in the many thousands.

I took a photograph of my shelves, didn't come out real clear, but the negative weighed 3 pounds!
    Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Boolit Master
    Not many, I keeps chooting dem up faster than I can cast them. It doesn’t help that we had a mild winter keeping me from some quality casting time

Boolit Master
    Are we talking just Boolets? Or Boolets and loaded ammo? Either way a lot don’t know how many. Not like I’m gonna count em all. A lot but not enough lol. That reminds me If it don’t rain tomorrow, I gotta cast some more Boolets! No garage so all my casten is done outside and weather dependent. I’ve tried, on several occasions, to get my wife to hold an umbrella over me and my lead pot so I can cast when it’s raining. Unfortunately I can’t repeat her response on this open, family friendly forum!!
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Buddy
    Wow, some pretty healthy quantities shown here. I only have a few thousand stored up in each 9, 45 and 357.

Banned
    Lets all give a precise inventory so they can come the street and pick them up or propose a tax on your inventory.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast