WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Repackbox Load Data

Thread: Hollywood history video.

Boolit Buddy

Hollywood history video.

I ran across this very informative Hollywood history video on youtube. In case the link does not work the title is: Hollywood Senior Turret Press - Pt 1
    Rex Roach is the author.

Link for copy, cut and paste into your search browser.
    https://youtu.be/qasXtFTuluc

John Wayne
    Last edited by ReloaderFred; 02-24-2020 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Request to buy removed.
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Master

There is also a Part-2.

I will watch them when I get a chance. Thanks!
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Banned
    Kevin I think he has a picture of your presses in the 1st vol. Possibly Lubedude also, plus the green Junior I had.

That was great

Boolit Man
    Good video and it is worth watching. However, I noticed that when he was discussing the Hollywood Seniors (non-turret), he stated that the press bodies were one piece cast steel. He doesn't mention the aluminum seniors with multi-piece bodies. However some of the pics provided show aluminum models. I know I am nit-picking. My apologies.

Boolit Buddy
    Hi Devon,
    You're not nit pickin and no apologies necessary. It's good to get all this info in writing or on video.
    I wish we had a list of the models, dates of manufacture and features ;^)
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Banned
    Some of the dates can be figured pretty close by looking at ads and when they appeared and changes made to them. Same foe features, though this applies to the early 1950's. The aluminum frame models have no written trail to determine when and how long they were made as none of the ads mention them. After 1961 there are fewer ads and less information in them for the various models. Plus, model variations that were never mentioned.

Ken

He also didn't mention at least one other owner of the Hollywood rights in the mid to late 1970's, when it was located in Reseda, CA. The owner's name was Jim, but for the life of me, I can't remember his last name, even though I was at his shop at least three times around 1977. I took our Super Turret machine to him to have it converted to feed shotgun wads automatically when the handle was pulled. The conversion worked great, if I didn't try to put AA wads through it, since they had petals that flared out and caught in the feed tube.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pressman View Post
    Kevin I think he has a picture of your presses in the 1st vol. Possibly Lubedude also, plus the green Junior I had.
    He used several of my pics, showing at last four of my Hollywoods. I want credit!
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Very interesting , seems I have an original Universal "A" and an original senior , I call it "shorty"
    Use the Universal next to my lee classic turret to seat my rifle rounds as I have grown to like the upstroke to feel the boolet seating pressure every time of for consistency .
    It is much easier to fool people ,
    than to convince them they have been fooled !

If you can read this , thank a teacher ...
    If you can read this in English , .. thank a Vet !