Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWideners
Lee PrecisionRepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading

Thread: Have you had this problem

Boolit Master

Have you had this problem

Every forum i try to log into, including this one, is blocked with the warning, THIS SITE IS NOT SECURE, BLAH, BLAH AND DOUBLE BLAH. While trying to get around this nonsense I found a very small help notice. It read, to over ride hit the tab key. Well, it works on some sites but not all. Anyone else?
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

I have not experienced that. I generally don't read other gun forums much, unless I'm searching for something specific and it pops up.

I do check out bladeforums though and have gotten a "your IP address has been banned" message. Then the next day it was as normal. When that message appears I cannot view the forum much less sign in. I haven't signed into it in years so I'm sure I haven't actually been banned. This has happened several times.

Boolit Grand Master
    Ever since I updated my Norton, a Sucuri message comes up about unverified website and I cannot get to 6mmbr.com from this computer anymore. Still can from my laptop cause I didn't update it because of the problems with my tower setup.

Boolit Master

Net Neutrality at work?
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Grand Master

I get that on several sites. Has to do with how your security is set up. You can bypass it or whitelist the site
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I get that on several sites. Has to do with how your security is set up. You can bypass it or whitelist the site
    jonp, how do you white list?
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master

Internet language began as hypertext transfer protocol (http) that later morphed to http-secure (https). The former is like Mastercard and accepted everywhere. The latter is used with encryption to prevent third party eavesdropping on secure (financial, password, username, etc.) information across the Net.

Your browser is running software that detects and warns of potential risks and threats before allowing you to exchange information with a site. HTTP is "secure enough" and is the fundamental to the platform that hosts CastBoolits.

To check your Windows 10 settings:

WINDOWS ==> SETTINGS ==> UPDATE & SECURITY ==> ...

...WINDOWS SECURITY ==> APP & BROWSER CONTROL ==> LEARN MORE
    Last edited by Land Owner; 02-24-2020 at 11:08 AM.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Buddy
    You are most likely seeing that because this site's operators have chosen to not enable SSL and, as a result, your user name and password are being transmitted in plain-text when you log in.

Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    You are most likely seeing that because this site's operators have chosen to not enable SSL and, as a result, your user name and password are being transmitted in plain-text when you log in.
    Which is absolute tomfoolery in this day and age. SSL needs to be implemented.
    MC-130J Driver
    Former T-6A Texan II Driver
    FAIP Mafia
    Hook 'em all

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHarmless View Post
    I absolutely agree

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Check the settings in your browser. You may have the security set too high.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Buddy
    This site's security settings are too lax. It's 2020...There is no legitimate excuse for not enabling SSL on a website that hosts user PII.

Suggesting that a user cripple their browser security to achieve compatibility is equally ridiculous.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by MrHarmless View Post
    I've never met Tom Foolery, but I did date his cousin Ballyhoo Flimflam
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Buddy
    There was a push in the internet (spearheaded by google) to move all sites to HTTPS ('S' in this stands for secure) protocol instead of regular HTTP; regular HTTP protocol is clear text (well HTML formatted) exchange between your browser and server and anybody on the way can see everything you type and everything server sends in response to you; with HTTPS - connection between your browser and the server is encrypted and "technically" nobody can sniff around. Castboolits uses regular HTTP protocol and that's what your browser is complaining about. Chrome is more vocal about it, I think, firefox just shows an indicator "connection not secure".

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Just a quick check. Download another browser and see if you have the same problems using it.

Boolit Master

If you gentlemen are using the same UN & PW on this site as all of your others, including financials, then change your UN and PW on this site.

What I want to know is, who are these people "reading everything" passing on the Net? That's a LOT of data.

Where can I go to read some of it?

Does it come across a CRT in an Internet Café, or do you scrape off a piece of the Server's IN/OUT wire insulation to view it passing there at a fraction of a nanosecond per byte?

I don't read that fast - fast sure - just not that fast.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Land Owner View Post
    If you gentlemen are using the same UN & PW on this site as all of your others, including financials, then change your UN and PW on this site.

What I want to know is, who are these people "reading everything" passing on the Net? That's a LOT of data.

Where can I go to read some of it?

Does it come across a CRT in an Internet Café, or do you scrape off a piece of the Server's IN/OUT wire insulation to view it passing there at a fraction of a nanosecond per byte?

I don't read that fast - fast sure - just not that fast.
    No, no insulation scraping. Anywhere where you on public network a guy next to you can run a program "packet sniffer" which will show all traffic for selected machine, make sure at least at home you have strong Wi-Fi password and if you have router make sure to change default administrator password. Reading doesn't mean someone sits and literally reads, nothing like that, instead whole exchange can be saved and passed through parsing programs to look for keyphrase like login/password. HTTPS prevents this sort of attacks but not completely eliminates vulnerabilities on public networks.

Boolit Master

Thanks kayala. I've never been interested nor had a desire to eavesdrop on my fellow man. I mind my own business. I suppose this old world has lost that sort of naïve manors. Some folks just NEED to be taken out and shot.