Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: Lyman #61 pot

Boolit Buddy

Lyman #61 pot

Wondering if someone might be able to assist?
    My #61 pot has a burned out thermostat. The "issue" stat is marked "model B-200 1600w 115-230v". Online I have found "B-200 1500w 115-230v room temp to 545°F. This is the highest temp rating I have found for the B-200. Would this unit allow the pot to get to working temps?
    Being a "pensioner" a new bottom poor pot is not an option for now but neither is buying "e×perimental" parts.

DH

Boolit Master
    It will work but there is a press fit stop on the adjustment shaft the limits rotation. You need to remove the tab on the stop that limits rotation, a dremel wheel works or a file. Once removed install on the pot and fire it up, and then set the knob to the temp of the lead in the pot and tighten the set screw. You won't have an upper limit stop but since you are setting the temp by hand it won't matter. I have used this method on both the Lyman 61's and the SAECO 24. Don't buy one, still have a B200 and a knob from repairs on my old pots, and the B200 will not work on my Lee 20#. PM me your address and I'll send it to you.

I’ve thought about getting a PID temp controller and just bypass the thermostat. Plus it will allow you to set the temp and keep it at a specific point.
    Just knowing enough to do it, is not enough to do it right! -Taz

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Don improve your temp control jump out the built in stat and get one of Hatches PID units it will keep your temps stable