Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Load Data Repackbox

Thread: Rod for my Borchardt

Boolit Buddy

Rod for my Borchardt

I am refurbishing my Chinese contract Borchardt back to it's former glory, I have found most bits but I am still missing the cleaning rod, does anybody know if somebody makes copies of the original.

You might check with SARCO, www.sarcoinc.com as they have replicas of some old time accessories like holsters, cleaning rods, etc. I have seen them advertise replica cleaning rods for Lugers and Broomhandle Mausers, and they may have others they haven't yet advertised or some being made.

You must have a pretty rare gun. I was under the impression that there weren't that many Borchardts manufactured, and never heard of a Chinese contract version.

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you Der Gebirgsjager for your reply, I think in total there were just under 12000 Borchards made in all their different configurations, 300 military rifles were sent to the Chinese government in 1877 all of these had a Chinese good luck phrase rolled on top of the barrels, from what I have found in my research there are only about 15 of the Chinese contract rifles left, mine is one of the early ones it's serial number is 0125 out of 12000.