RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWideners
Reloading Everything

Thread: Never Know what you can get away with

Boolit Master

Never Know what you can get away with

Been a while and my .45/70 sized and lubed bullets were getting low. Cast a couple of hundred yesterday and sat down to lube and size today. RCBS 45-405-FN with a HP. About half way through, you might know it, I ran out of gas checks. Sitting in front of me was a box of Pat Marlin's .44PB checks made from pop cans. Tried one of them and it fit but wouldn't stay on. Went and had lunch and came back. Fit a second PB check on the first one and ran it through the sizer. Worked slick as a whistle. Proceeded to check 19 more in a like manor and I'll test here in a while. Got to think outside of the box./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Grand Master

So now your shooting a 44-70!
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Master

Guess you might say that but the double thickness seats well and they look good./beagle

Quote Originally Posted by swheeler View Post
    So now your shooting a 44-70!
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Master
    I bought 1500 .429 240 boolits with an ugly slightly taper rear end at a garage sale years ago. I also bought some 44 gas checks on line that turned out to be for a 41. Someone had remarked the box. I got to wondering about the 41 gcs fitting the taper 44s and they did. I put them on with a .430 Lyman sizer. Will see how they do in my Super Redhawk this weekend.

Boolit Buddy
    Many are the projects I would have been able to finish cleaner or cheaper if when faced with a problem and looking for a solution I took a lunch and thought about it a bit longer.