MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
Load DataRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee Precision
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: Web Terry Rifle Range Day........GREAT

Boolit Master

Web Terry Rifle Range Day........GREAT

The 50 caliber "chunk gun" I bought several years ago from one of our members here turned out to have been made by Web Terry, one of the greatest shooters at Friendship and is in their Hall Of Fame. Anyways I swapped my clone Unertl scope for the real 12 power one I have and had to make a set of 0.5 inch Unertl mounting blocks as the normal supplier of these is moving to a new shop. Two weeks ago I got it sighted in quickly at 50 yards and last week was going to move out to 100 yards, BUT took the wrong rifle to the range! I hadn't done that in 7 or 8 years so I made laminated parts lists for each gun case.

So yesterday I managed to take the correct rifle and after the correct number of clicks (I thought) I fired off a shot and low and behold hit the backer just about where I was aiming. I clicked down a couple and right a couple and was in my home made "Shoot n See" (8.5 x 11 with 4 inch bull). Next shot after another right click and I was in the bulls eye and the next 10 shots were also in there! That made up for the big goof I think for sure.

Next week out to 40 rods or 200 yards since we don't have stands at 40 rods. Not bad for 50 caliber patched round balls!
    John

Good going!